radsone es100 DAC -- Bluetooth issues
Apr 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hfnb01

New Head-Fier
I own several es100 units, but 2 of them have already started having Bluetooth connectivity issues -- posting this hear in case some one else has had same problem and maybe has ideas for remedys.

I bought my 2 units around August 2018 -- and use them daily mostly for Bluetooth pariing.

I also upgraded to the latest firmware version 2.0.2.

My symptoms are as follows:
- inability to pair with any device ..
- attempting to manually pair from phone doesnt work.

I have been able to intermittently pair on occassion but that is after the es100 has been in pairing mode for a long time, over 10 minutes. When successful, the device appears on my device so I can pair, but shortly after that ( in most recent case ). I start getting a lot of audio distortion similar to when you move the paired devices far apart, before losing connectivity.

Once I lost connectivity, I wasnt able to reconnect

Has any one experienced this? or know of any remedies? Is it possible this device is fundamentally flawed, or is it possible that the earlier units were flawed?

Radsone only offers 1 yr warranty, and I am barely there..

thx

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Mine has had a similar issue. I turned it on one day and the boot theme played at nearly double speed. Ever since it has not been recognized by any device, either via Bluetooth or even over USB. Haven't been able to get the factory reset to work either. It's basically a brick at this point. If you are still within warranty, you might as well take advantage of it.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 4
I have three of the original ES100s each about a year old (I bought them new). 'Knock on wood' they all still work fine with no connectivity issues. Two of them have scuff marks from heavy use.
I remember someone had claimed that the solder connection for the battery had a hairline crack (from being dropped or cold solder issue) and they were able to fix it by resoldering it. It was not connecting and did that fast boot chime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back