Radius HP-NEF series (NEF11, NEF21, NEF31) Budget IEMs
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FrequencyBlue

100+ Head-Fier
Basically I was checking a local headphones store in my area in order to audition piston 3.0, then 1 guy told me about the NEF. I ended up buying NEF11 after some A/Bings because I really adore its sound signature.
I am a babby-first headphone listener so the only thing i can tell about nef11 is that its more balanced, a bit brighter and thinner than piston 3.0. 
Seems like these Inears have been around for some time since late 2015 and because we got no Radius HP-NEF thread, I suppose i am gonna make one. 
Also price listing at said headphones store for nef11 is about 20 bucks and 30 bucks for nef31, so looks like we got another budget inear lines.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 6
how does the nef21 and nef31 fares against rock zircon? interested in nef series, particularly the nef11... but nef21 and 31 seems interesting, so... anyone compared it yet with zircon?

sorry for bad english

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 6
Anyone have these iems already? Please provide comparison to other budget iems please.

FrequencyBlue do you think it's worth the price to upgrade from piston 3 to nef11? I like classical musics and not a bass head, though I'd like some bass if it's make the overall sound nicer. Or should I upgrade to nef31?

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Anyone have these iems already? Please provide comparison to other budget iems please.

@FrequencyBlue do you think it's worth the price to upgrade from piston 3 to nef11? I like classical musics and not a bass head, though I'd like some bass if it's make the overall sound nicer. Or should I upgrade to nef31?

I own the NEF31 for a couple of months. Overall it gives a smooth, mellow, and warm SQ. I consider the bass section a bit too much for my liking. The NEF31 have decent details in midrange. Soundstage is not too congested for sure combined with a non-piercing, relaxed treble. Moreover, they are easy to drive (quite loud at low volumes on my FiiO K5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back