RadioShack (Koss) Pro35 - 33-1122 (not as bad you thought?)
Jan 29, 2003 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xander

The XanMan is back!
An interesting find....

I inteded to use these for portable use. And if you have any experience with them, you know they have bloated midbass. BUT, I found a cure, which makes them a very good portable headphone for $20 when they're on sale.

First impressions were exaderated midbass and recessed treble. After loosening the headband, so as not to clamp my head as much, and opening the earcups and re-arranging the foam so that it was only on one side, whilst adding some damping material of my own (making sure not to block the vent, yes, they are semi open-air) -- the headphones magically turned into something very listenable....

epinions review (useless) but includes blurry picture, if you're curious.

Maybe this'll help someone out.

Feb 1, 2003 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 5
The Pro-35 is a rebadged KTX Pro. Not bad, but most prefer the actual Porta family, some members of which can be had for around $15.

Feb 1, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 5
I used the Pro-35 for about 8 months before I got my V6. For $15 it was a great bargain and I enjoyed the sound at the time. Now that I have gotten used to the V6 it seems that the Pro-35 and the KSC-50 that I purchased much later both have excessively boomy bass and little treble. I think I'll try that mod with the foam later and see how it improves the sound. I never could use them for more than an hour or so at a time without taking them off my ears because they hurt my ears due to the hard plastic just behind the thin foam pads.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 5
I had them years ago. I think the drivers might be the same as those in the KSC75. Now the KTXpro1 is only available in that ugly grey and blue, and the headband seems like it may be much smaller than the old ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back