Radiopaq
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 27
I will love you forever if you buy all of them and give an in-depth review.

How much do these things cost, anyway?

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 27
I think it's a genius idea whether it works or not.

I want to know where I can get them in the US. I sort of want to try the Classical Earphones if they're cheap enough. They're frequency response graph seems to be the flattest, with a slight(?) dip somewhere near the high end.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 27
Wish I saw your post before emailing them.

Oh well, maybe I'll luck out with a review sample or something (unlikely).

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 27
It's an interesting idea. However, from our perspective as consumers, isn't this just like having 4 different earphones with their own sound signature, except that they're all from the same company?

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an interesting idea. However, from our perspective as consumers, isn't this just like having 4 different earphones with their own sound signature, except that they're all from the same company?

Basically.

The difference here is that they tell you exactly which genre each one is for, instead of leaving it up to us to figure it out.

I think it would be better if they had detachable cables and you had the option of just getting the earphones themselves to "put on" your cables.

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 27
Haha. interesting product.

It funny how they introduce the phones with a freq. responds graph.

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 27
I just opened up the AMP3 newsletter. They're going gaga over these things, saying they're really something special.

I think this calls for a group buy or something, just to get an astonishing amount of reviews on here.

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just opened up the AMP3 newsletter. They're going gaga over these things, saying they're really something special.

Could you post what they sent you or a link to it?

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you post what they sent you or a link to it?

[size=large]
Radiopaq Custom Earphones
[/size]

radiopaq_logosmall.jpg
We’re delighted to have the Radiopaq custom earphones now listed for pre-order on the site. These are a new venture from Radiopaq.com and having listened to them, we had to feature them on the site!

They are unique in that they focus on the type of music you prefer – they are customised around specific styles of music; Jazz, Classical, Rock & Pop. Each style has a subtly different enclosure design, emphasising the clarity of the correct frequencies for each musical style.

This doesn’t mean they are limiting, however – they sound incredible with any style of music (I listened to dance music with the Jazz earphones and was blown away!) The great analogy that Radiopaq use compares them to cars – you can use a 4X4 in town, but it also works well on country lanes – similarly, a supermini works fine on country lanes, but is designed for town.

radiopaq_jazz_medium1.jpg

Genuinely some of the most surprising new products we’ve tried this year – it’s difficult to get across just what an amazing job Radiopaq have done with these.

Take our word for it, check out the Radiopaq range here (click)

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 27
Would like to see some reviews on this as well.

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #15 of 27
For some reason, looking at the graphs, the Classical model seems like the only one with a chance of being crazy awesome for the price.

The others just seem to be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back