Radiopaq Jazz Review
Oct 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #16 of 133
the PL-50 is better in the mids and highs but the jazz has a big fun full bass output that the PL-50 doesnt come close to. just depends what sort of sound your after but id say for most people coming from stock stuff the bass of the jazz will appeal more than the mids of the PL-50

at £30 the jazz is a great buy

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #17 of 133
Thank you for the reply Mark.

In terms of noise isolation how does the Jazz and the PL-50 compare? And do you think it would greatly improve from changing the tips to comply's?

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #19 of 133
Thanks.

I got myself convinced to go for the Jazz... I was going to place the order and... "out of stock, please choose another item"
frown.gif

That sends me back to the PL-50...

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the classical are equally as stunningly good, just they have less bass on them and more treble.

both are amazingly good for their present bargain basement price

Yes they are. I prefer the Jazz to the Classical by a very small margin. The Jazz sounds slightly fuller and richer, but it's a close match. The Sony hybrid tips work best for me, followed by the UE single-flange tips.

And the current price of £30 is just too good to pass up if anyone is simply looking for a decent and budget-friendly upgrade to stock buds.

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #23 of 133
Quote:

the classical are equally as stunningly good, just they have less bass on them and more treble.

both are amazingly good for their present bargain basement price

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got a pair of Denon's AH-C551 and I'm very unsatisfied of their lack of detail on the treble, they are too harsh for my taste and vocals are sometimes covered by the instruments, although I love the denon's bass. I see in your sign that you have got the C751's, how do they compare with these Radiopaq earphones?
Many thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they are. I prefer the Jazz to the Classical by a very small margin. The Jazz sounds slightly fuller and richer, but it's a close match. The Sony hybrid tips work best for me, followed by the UE single-flange tips.

And the current price of £30 is just too good to pass up if anyone is simply looking for a decent and budget-friendly upgrade to stock buds.

Thanks for your opinion
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I'll go with the Jazz if I'll not find anything more interesting at that price (or slightly higher price... my budget is very poor although I have quite exigent ears
frown.gif
).
I'm just looking for something more in accordance with my ears than my C551's.

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 133
I got a pair of Radiopaq Jazz for myself a few weeks ago for around £40.
It's my first IEM so can't really compare them to other models. I haven't been using them much yet and still getting used to the feel of having something inside my ears, so that's probably why I don't feel very comfortable with them yet... (my main headphones for portable gear are my PX100)

When I first listened to the Radiopaq Jazz I was a bit disappointed because the bass seemed a bit weak but now as they burn in I think it's getting stronger and warmer.

What doesn't feel warm at all is the metallic finish when I put them in my ears, specially now that is winter time! I usually hold'em on my hands for a bit to warm them up before putting it in my ears. I've tried all the 3 sizes of tips but still haven't decided which ones fit best... None of them seem to have the perfect fit...

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #25 of 133
jazz v 751 the denons are much colder and harder in the highs, the jazz is pretty warm and mellow sounding compared to the cold punchy denon. mids are quite recessed on them too compared to the jazz

the denons are better but probably not the sound sig your after however they are about 3 times the price so i would hope so.

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #26 of 133
Quote:

jazz v 751 the denons are much colder and harder in the highs, the jazz is pretty warm and mellow sounding compared to the cold punchy denon. mids are quite recessed on them too compared to the jazz

the denons are better but probably not the sound sig your after however they are about 3 times the price so i would hope so.

Thanks again. I have another final question: I've read about the MEElectronics M6, which one do you think is globally better between Jazz and M6?

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #30 of 133
I have some questions and need advise about what IEM I should buy. It is because my previous earbuds broke, and I'd like to spend as less possible, but still with good quality.

I never listen to Jazz music, more Rock and House music, with lots of bass. Also, I don't have an amp. The IEM will be used with my phone and a PSP, so I know that isn't the best stuff for good quality music. I live in Holland (Are the shipping costs lower to Holland?)
So, would the Radiopaq Jazz still be the best option for me?

Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back