Radiopaq Jazz Query
Oct 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gideon

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Been burning in the Radiopaq Jazz for the last week or so now and i do like the subtle punchy bass which kicks in when needed but doesn't drown out the rest of the audio.

I have found though louder high end sounds like cymbals and certain speech gets a bit distorted (slight treble hiss you could say).

Apart from this they are stonking headphones.

So my query is...is this just a limit of the headphones (because of my budget)...i do have a PA2V2 on its way would this help this issue?

Or is it an equalizer issue? I'm using an android phone at the moment thats not rooted so no equalizer settings at the moment.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Ahh thanks mark....i'll have another read of your review i remember you saying they go better with an amp but couldn't remember if there was something specific.

I found i can stop it by boosting the mids (found Mixzing for Android with EQ now unfortunately i'm quite new to using EQs properly) but this then effects the overall clarity and punchyness of the sound.

Amp should be here any day now as that great guy Gary send it within an hour of me ordering it
biggrin.gif

I'll check your review again and see what i missed and then with the amp and understanding EQs a bit more i should be sorted until my hand reaches for my wallet again (it's been tempted within a few days of the radiopaqs....damn this hobby is addictive).

Oh and Mark you still think IE7 (IE8's have a different type of sound don't they?) would be the natural successor for these? (Metal, Country, Rock, Alternative, Jazz, sometimes use them on the laptop for movies when the kids are asleep).

Apart from the issues i mentioned above the Radiopaqs are doing a damned good job (especially for £20)

From varying what files i'm testing it with i've found not all media has this issue so it's just a certain point of the range that has the issue.

Lastly you mention additional impedance, sorry for this but how do you deal with this? Sorry being new to the scene i wasn't sure about that (is it something catered for by the amp?)

Thanks as always for lending me your brains
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back