Radioheads new album?
Jun 28, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 36
Well, I was suckered too.
biggrin.gif
I read somewhere October for the new Radiohead; just in time for the holidays...

Oh and Ok Computer > Kid A
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty cold-hearted title man. Evil person.
tongue.gif

I say BAN the OP! I've been tricked THREE times today by clicking the thread reflexively after reading the title!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #20 of 36
A year ago today I saw them in San Diego best 2 hours of my life. Can't wait for there next Album. Will it be good? I'm having doubts, but lets hope I'm wrong.

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it be good? I'm having doubts, but lets hope I'm wrong.

I have no doubts it will be good...the question for me is "how good will it be?"
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #24 of 36
I'm interested to hear what they have to put out, but I'm still clueless as to why Radiohead's fanbase inspires the fanaticism it does. The Bends and OK Computer are great records, Kid A and Amnesiac are good records and the rest are passable records.

Not that it's worth arguing over (been through that one), but what makes everyone hot over Radiohead.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floodedstatue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no doubts it will be good...the question for me is "how good will it be?"
wink.gif

Agreed. I'm soo anxious to hear how all the new stuff I heard at Bonnaroo (and 2006 tour bootlegs) is going to sound
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 36
OK Computer > Kid A > Amnesiac > Hail to the Thief > The Bends

I'm eagerly awaiting the new album, but I keep in mind that bands I've been faithful to tend to disappoint me lately. Eraser was one of my favorite albums of the past few years though, so if the new album is in the same ballpark I will be satisfied. I just hope Yorke got most of his purely electronic stuff out and will come back to more of a mix a la OK computer or Kid A.

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say BAN the OP! I've been tricked THREE times today by clicking the thread reflexively after reading the title!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Um...that's pretty bad.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #29 of 36
I'm surprised so many people don't like Pablo Honey that much--some of the songs on there, like Ripcord or Everyone Can Play Guitar (if that's the right title, I can't remember), are among my favorite Radiohead songs.

Jun 29, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #30 of 36
the Bends >Kid A > Ok computer > Amnesiac > HTTT > Pablo Honey

I say the bends is my favorite because its so easy to listen to at any time, it can be listened to while driving or surfing the web or playing some Mario Kart, and for that reason I've come to really love it. Kid A is probably the best Album altogether but I feel like I need to invest the proper amount of time and proper amount of attention into it before I feel comfortable placing it in my CD player.

I love the first half of Ok Computer, but I often times get a little anxious on the second half of the album, the songs start to melt together and my attention wanes. Parts of Amnesiac are stellar, while other parts not so much. And Hail to the Theif feels like a compromise of sorts, an attempt to please both camps in the radiohead kingdom, some kid A/amnesiac, some bends/ok computer, but it has some great moments (the raindrops,the raindrops,the raindrops,the raindrops,the raindrops,the raindrops,...)

As for Pablo Honey...well...everyone's got to start somewhere, and its a decent start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back