Radioheads new album?
Jun 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

TestSpecimen

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry if i got your hopes up there. I was wondering if anybody knows when this is likely to be released, coz the wait is killing me! I went to see them live last year so i have heard some of the new stuff, and its brilliant! This album is going to be amazingly good. I hope its here soon.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestSpecimen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if i got your hopes up there.

frown.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 36
You punk!
tongue.gif
I was psyched for a second there. Well, it'll be interesting to see once it does come out, anyway. I wonder if it'll be closer in sound to their first album (as in less depressing and a bit more upbeat). My friend and I always had fun playing their other albums at double speed to see how happy they sounded.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 36
i bet it's gonna suck ass bigtime like KID A and Amnesiac.
what the hell happned to them?i LOVED OK COMPUTER.
i understand the need of a band to evolve over the years and change their sound,but still,they changed for the worst.
bummer.

Jun 27, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i understand the need of a band to evolve over the years and change their sound,but still,they changed for the worst.
bummer.

Come on now... Radiohead are merely following a time honoured tradition of starting out with good quality, accessible, easy-to-listen-to tunes, in order to build a fan-base, and then using that fan base to experiment with more purely artistic musical endeavours. Yes, you've fallen out of love with their earlier stuff, but I think you are in a minority saying their recent stuff sucks....

Jun 27, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on now... Radiohead are merely following a time honoured tradition of starting out with good quality, accessible, easy-to-listen-to tunes, in order to build a fan-base, and then using that fan base to experiment with more purely artistic musical endeavours. Yes, you've fallen out of love with their earlier stuff, but I think you are in a minority saying their recent stuff sucks....

Agreed... Radiohead has come a long way since Pablo Honey- in my opinion the only album that can even hover near the word "suck."

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bummer.

Kid A and Amnesiac are two of my favorite Radiohead albums.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kid A > OK Computer, but that's not to say that OK Computer isn't classic too
wink.gif

Agreed. However, I'm always in the mood to listen to OK Computer, while I have to be in just the right mood to listen to Kid A/Amnesiac. When the mood is right though, it shines like no other.

That said, I can' say definitively what the best album of 2007 is until EP7 comes out. Judgment shall be made then, unless it gets bumped back to 2008 (which shouldn't happen, right?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back