Radiohead's live ep
Nov 18, 2001 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Very good sound quality, but it does bother me that his vocals are laid back and its only 8 tracks...bummer...i guess we'll have to wait another 10 or so years before they release a full concert. I also picked up the charlie brown cd which has been talked about in previous posts, its titled, "happy anniversary, charlie brown!" damn this is a great recording, very nice sound. As for radiohead, well, i guess my boots will have to do, i do have a couple that sound just as good, if not better, than that offical release
biggrin.gif

George

Nov 18, 2001 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 20
I have yet to listen to the new live album, but I am looking forward to hearing it, despite your lukewarm review
wink.gif
. Those bootlegs sound tempting though....did I mention that I make it down to Greenwich Village quite often when I am home?
wink.gif

BTW I imagine you know about it if you are a native, but Other Music (15 E. 4th Street) is an awsome place to get CD's. Especially ones that are a little hard to find. The only problem that it is a little like the movie High Fidelity sometimes. I would not be surprised if the makers of that movie had spent some time there. Anyway, anyone remember what phones John Cusack was wearing in that movie? I did not look close enough.
Stu

Nov 18, 2001 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 20
Hi Stuartr, i started collecting bootlegs from buying them in the village. I went there a few weeks ago and to my disgust, all the boots were gone!!! So, unless they've been put back up, no more buying boots, very depressing. I wouldnt necessarily say i dont like the new ep, but i am disappointed that they didnt release a full concert on cd, DVD and vinyl! I never heard of the store Other Music, but i think i'll check it out! I usually shop at Bleecker street records and another shop on Sullivan street, and i another store a block over (towards nyu)...its on the block with the chess stores. I cant remember the name of it. hey, if your interested in some boots, let me know.

George
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 20
I saw radiohead this summer and they were so freaking amazing! The only rock act I've seen that's worth the money ($35).

The live EP is done pretty well. It sounds a lot like they do in concert, and yeah, Thom is a laid back kind of guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 20
I got to see radiohesd live at MSG on August 6th, it was an amazing concert, but his vocals were easily heard from what i recall. Guess it ws just their taste to mix this live ep.

george

Nov 18, 2001 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
I have boots of the MSG show... quite a good one!

really?! Would you like to do a trade? Check out my site!

George

Nov 22, 2001 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 20
I got to see radiohead 3 times this year, and I don't remember it being only $35.. or maybe it was.. Who knows.. Awesome shows though. I've been listening to the live cd a lot lately. It sucks that it is only 8 tracks. It would have been nice if it had some of their earlier songs.

I went to a lot of different concerts this year now that I think about it.. I think I'm getting a little out of control.

Nov 22, 2001 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 20
naw, seeing live music is what real audiophiles do. Our goal is to recreate live music at home. Seeing live music lets us know what our goal is.

For music lovers, there's just something really special about live music... it's personal.

Nov 27, 2001 at 8:34 PM Post #14 of 20
Bootlegging of concerts is kind of a grey area. Some bands like the Greatful Dead and U2 encourage it as long as no one is going out and making a profit from the sales. Since record companies have nothing to do with concerts often enough and they have no right to those performances their ground is shaky. However, they do most often own the copyrights to those songs, and hence, again, sales of bootlegs is prohibited. But trading has been a friendly underground thing supported by numerous bands world wide. Not sure what the stance of advertizing is though. I am sure Jude just wants to be cautious if you were moderated

Nov 27, 2001 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 20
Bootlegging is clearly illegal, at least in the U.S., unless the band have explicitly given permission for fans to bootleg their concerts (e.g. Grateful Dead).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back