Radiohead vs. Pink Floyd
Mar 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #46 of 55
I think it depends on how you look at it. In my opinion, Pink Floyd is more original/innovative than Radiohead, but Radiohead took what Pink Floyd introduced to music and built upon it, creating music that, in my opinion, is more enjoyable, and to me, more emotional/meaningful. So I suppose you might say that I think Pink Floyd is a better band, but Radiohead's music is better.

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it depends on how you look at it. In my opinion, Pink Floyd is more original/innovative than Radiohead, but Radiohead took what Pink Floyd introduced to music and built upon it, creating music that, in my opinion, is more enjoyable, and to me, more emotional/meaningful. So I suppose you might say that I think Pink Floyd is a better band, but Radiohead's music is better.

What you said is interesting to me. It is not my position to agree or disagree with you but I appreciate the fact that you approached the subject of the poll with thought and consideration. The fact that you wrestled with the concept of the poll shows the various shades of grey and suppleness with your decision making. Thanks.

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't listened to any Radiohead. They don't seem to be a worthy band to me. I on the other hand like 1) progressive rock, 2) british rock, 3) PF-likes. Perhaps I should give it a shot?

I don't understand...how can you judge them unworthy if you haven't listened to them? Yes, give it a shot, you might like them.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #49 of 55
Before any of you can vote you must listen to every album of both bands to even have a say in this and listen to them about 5 times to finally pick the band. I will pick a radiohead cd 9 times out of 10 before pink floyd but they are not better i just like them more because i recently discovered them and its newer to me even tho ive listened to ok computer/ in rainbows about 1000 times. Pink floyd used to make me feel like im on drugs when i listened to them (well mainly dark side) now radiohead does that for me but about 5 times more and with multiple albums not just 1 or 2 but not one band is better that the other its not fair to say that becasue floyd came first and influenced radiohead then radiohead took that and amplified it then created a sound of their own. They both have great amounts of talent with every member in the band and are very creative throughout other forms of art. I think pink floyd is gold to older people's ears and radiohead to younger. i mean come on who is better god or jesus??? STUPID QUESTION!!!!

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #50 of 55

Quote:
I haven't listened to any Radiohead. They don't seem to be a worthy band to me. I on the other hand like 1) progressive rock, 2) british rock, 3) PF-likes. Perhaps I should give it a shot?

man, If radiohead isn't "worthy" of you, what exactly does it take to be a "worthy" band to you?

My vote goes to radiohead, granted I am biased since I grew up with them, where as members who grew up listening to pink floyd have their biased opinions as well, whether they realize it or not. When it comes down to it I just enjoy radiohead more, though I do really like pink floyd, how could you not?

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #51 of 55
I personally prefer Pink Floyd to Radiohead. I just don't really find the majority of Radiohead's songs entertaining, most of it is rather boring (well they are both somewhat mellow in comparison to other things in my library of music), but that's just my personal opinion. I can see the appeal of Radiohead though.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #52 of 55
I like Pink Floyd better. I just dont like the lead singer of Radiohead. His voice for me isnt pleasant to listen too. Radioheads  music is good, but the vocals kill it for me.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #53 of 55
I like Pink Floyd better, maybe 60-40 

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #55 of 55
I've always enjoyed the Floyd, but they are an occasional listen thing for me now, since I've heard them so much over the years....whereas Radiohead, I only got into a little over three years ago, so I listen to them all the time.But to choose one over the other.....I'm not sure I can. But put a gun to my head, I guess I would have to choose Radiohead because they're more current for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back