Radiohead Question
Mar 28, 2002 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ian Cote

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know if the Radiohead song "Talk Show Host" appears on any album besides the Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack?

I'd like to get the song but don't really want to buy that soundtrack...

I have Amnesiac, Kid A, OK Computer and The Bends, so I know it isn't on any of these. I checked the song list for Pablo Honey and it doesn't seem to be there. I was hoping it might be on one of their many import or single CDs.

Thanks for the help,
Ian

Mar 28, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 13
ian,
you can pick it up on the import single of street spirit from the bends. there's two versions, look for the one with the blue cover and including "bishop's robes." the entire bends singles collection is excellent, although more than likely you'll need to hunt a bit (took me a couple of years to get all the imports).

another option is "the complete computer - 1997 b-sides", although i've yet to find an official copy (have a bootleg). if you end up going this route please share your source
wink.gif

best,
carlo.

Mar 28, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 13
i would suggest the same thing.. i have the import, whichever one it is, that has talk show host on it. although, i wish i owned the romeo and juliet soundtrack too.. #1 crush by garbage is awesome.

i'd check best buy, that's actually where i got most of mine (just shy of a year ago). the checkout lady thought i was nuts, spending $120 on singles of radiohead..

Mar 29, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 13
i'd get it from a file sharing service now. Radiohead is rumored to be releasing a singles collection this summer, and the live versions with the synth at the end are better than the studio version. Try the roseland show...

Radiohead b-sides are amazing... molasses and pearly are my favorites now.

Mar 29, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 13
You can always attempt to make a trade for a bootleg, some folks do blanks n postage. Or check ebay for a used romeo n juliet sdtk, can't be that expensive.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
If I recall correctly, the version on the R&J soundtrack is a crappy remix (not done by radiohead).

Eh, no, i just checked my copy, its the original. Although, i do prefer how they play the song live compared to the studio version.

Mar 29, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

grinch: i'd check best buy, that's actually where i got most of mine (just shy of a year ago).

actually, there's also japanese and european maxi-singles with extra tracks (most notably a fantastic live cut of creep from thom yorke and jonny greenwood's little concert in san francisco on the europe-only iron lung cd) - these are the ones that're a bit harder to grab. tower records used to be great with that type of stuff, now... independent shops all the way.

best buy is fantastic for the ultra thin cds though. have yet to complete the post-ok computer singles (although i do have all the vinyl for amnesiac).

Quote:

jon beilin: Radiohead b-sides are amazing... molasses and pearly are my favorites now.

i agree, one of the funnest things is hunting down rare little gems, but radiohead is consistent with access to their catalog of material.

"molasses" is brilliant... have you heard "amazing sounds of orgy" and "cuttooth" from amnesiac yet? also check out "strung out on ok computer" - a string interpretation of ok computer's sound.

as for remixes, a tough one is a (rumored) ultra-limited vinyl pressing of aphex twin redoing songs from the bends. heard about it once at a record store, and the rumor's gotten around, but i've yet to talk to anyone who's actually seen one. what's interesting is the influence of his stuff on kid a.

(sigh) the hard life of being a completist.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Thanks for all the great ideas. There is a Best Buy pretty close to me, so I will check it out. I might have some luck at Newbury Comics as well.

Actually, it isn't the cost of the R&J soundtrack that is stopping me -- it's just that I don't really want that CD. I'm not really into soundtracks or compilation albums. I'd much rather get more pure Radiohead stuff...

Mar 29, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Ian Cote
Actually, it isn't the cost of the R&J soundtrack that is stopping me -- it's just that I don't really want that CD. I'm not really into soundtracks or compilation albums. I'd much rather get more pure Radiohead stuff...

You might want to give that soundtrack a listen... it's actually quite a good sampler!

Mar 29, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 13
carlo- as a fellow OCD sufferer, I also have all the b-sides. Favorite amnesiac b-side would have to be kinetic. All the radiohead b-sides seem to be very repetitive and trance-like.

Mar 30, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #12 of 13
My favourite Radiohead single is a Japanese version of Pyramid Song that I have that has the following additional tracks: "Fast Track", "The Amazing Sounds of Orgy", "Trans-Atlantic Drawl", and "Kinetic". But it's the only non-album thing of theirs that I have. Bought it on the recommendation of the guy who sold it to me (what can I say, I'm a sucker). But ended up liking it a lot. I think it's the same thing as getting both versions of the European version of Pyramid Song single.

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:41 PM Post #13 of 13
yeah, it is the same as getting both the euro singles. Those amnesiac b-sides are no slouch! I hope that they are a sign of things to come in the as of yet unnamed next album...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back