Radiohead is sublime
Nov 26, 2005 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Clutz

Tells us when we're offset.
I don't really have much else to say. Just listening to The Bends again... Somehow - everytime I listen to a Radiohead CD, it's just as exciting as the first time. I cannot think of another band that produces the same experience for me. I love The Tragically Hip, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails - and I have a very complete collection for all of these bands.. but something about Radiohead.. Emmm... Someone recently suggested I try out My Morning Jacket.. So I'm looking forward to them, perhaps this weekend...

I've also started to enjoy Steve Earle.

Sorry for the midnight rant.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sleep well.

Nov 26, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 15
Radiohead defined a generation of music for me, and all of their first three albums are as fresh to my ears today as they were when I first heard them --partly due to my having much better cans nowadays
600smile.gif

My favorite tunes: Creep, I Can't, Let Down, Karma Police, No Surprises, High And Dry, Fake Plastic Trees (MY FAVORITE AMONG FAVORITES!), Street Spirits, Black Star, and The National Anthem.

Nov 26, 2005 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 15
Not to be a troll or a party pooper, but we're talking about a band that has been an undisputed critic's darling across the entire Western world for more than ten years. The widespread canonical adoration and reverence for that band is immeasurable. Is there really a need for another brand new "I love Radiohead" thread?

[/bitterness]

Nov 26, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 15
For the original poster:

Have you heard anything from a band named Muse yet?

If not, I have a feeling you might enjoy their music as well.
Try the album 'Origin of Symmetry' first. If you like it, go from there.

P.S. Music is a very intimate, and moving experience for many. If the guy wants to post his adoration for a band he loves, I personally see no harm in it.

Oh yeah, and f*@k the critics.

Nov 26, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 15
I don't see harm in it either, but considering this forum's propensity for replies such as "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION N00B!!1" whenever someone even hints at treading already-charted waters, I didn't think my comment was out of line.

Nov 26, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
Radiohead redefined annoying music, for me.

The same. But let's not turn this into a discussion about if they suck. There are plenty of threads about that.

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Factor
I don't see harm in it either, but considering this forum's propensity for replies such as "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION N00B!!1" whenever someone even hints at treading already-charted waters, I didn't think my comment was out of line.

I entirely disagree- your original comment was out of line. If you don't want to read a thread, no one is forcing your hand to click on it and read it. My post wasn't about my undying adoration for Radiohead- it was my observation that I still enjoy their CDs as much today as I did the first time I heard them. The thread could have gone in any direction - people could've posted about other bands they have had similar experiences with - I will never tire of listening to Tegan and Sara's first album, or the Start's EP - the title of which currently escapes me.

So in the future, if you see a thread about a topic that you're tired of - why don't you simply try ignoring it?

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
For the original poster:

Have you heard anything from a band named Muse yet?

If not, I have a feeling you might enjoy their music as well.
Try the album 'Origin of Symmetry' first. If you like it, go from there.

P.S. Music is a very intimate, and moving experience for many. If the guy wants to post his adoration for a band he loves, I personally see no harm in it.

Oh yeah, and f*@k the critics.

I've heard of Muse - but I don't have very much of their stuff - just a few tracks on a mix CD a friend made for me. I'm really excited about My Morning Jacket. I am hoping to go CD shopping tomorrow so perhaps I'll buy Origin of Symmetry a try. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Clutz

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
I've heard of Muse - but I don't have very much of their stuff - just a few tracks on a mix CD a friend made for me. I'm really excited about My Morning Jacket. I am hoping to go CD shopping tomorrow so perhaps I'll buy Origin of Symmetry a try. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Clutz

Maybe give The Mars Volta a try. Although they are not quite my cup of tea, you may end up enjoying them. IMO they have a 'sort-of' Muse/Radiohead type of vibe going on (the vocals are really out there though).

Nov 27, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #15 of 15
Most underrated album of an overexposed band - "Fables of the Reconstruction" by REM. Radiohead? I don't think they've ever had an underrated album, hehe, but I'd put their stuff right up there with "Fables."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back