Radiohead is releasing....a newspaper!?
Mar 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier

Yesterday a very bizarre website went up called The Universal Sigh, at which it was announced that on the 28th and 29 of March, the band will be releasing their own newspaper in dozens of cities all across Europe, North America, and even a few in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

These 'newspapers' will be available free of charge until supplies run out. You can check the website for the cities, times, and specific locations of availability.

Also, from the website, it says:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This newspaper IS NOT the newspaper that accompanies the Newspaper Album version of The King of Limbs.
This event WILL NOT be repeated.
This event IS NOT a live performance by Radiohead.

It's unknown whether this is merely a promo to coincide with the physical release of The King Of Limbs OR if (as many suspect) there may be an announcement regarding additional music being released. I hope it's the latter, as I could always use more Radiohead.

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 9
How did you like King of Limbs?

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
How did you like King of Limbs?

I enjoyed it. It's not their strongest record by any means but it's quite good (albeit too short). TKOL is a real grower in that it took a while to fully appreciate, but I really like it now. The highlights for me are Little By Little, Lotus Flower, Codex, and Separator.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 9
I felt the same way. Not their best but definitely good. It is a grower. The 3rd listen was where it started to come together and it got better from there.

Because it was so short I kind of suspect it is part of something bigger. I guess we'll see if this has something to do with it.

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 9
It`s not a grower, its mediocre for their standards, there are no great tracks, or smth you would listen after some years, there is only some kind of fancy atmosphere in the album, which make it worth to listen for some time, but I would expect smth more from them 
and I really like post OKC Radiohead,

If KOL was smb else album it wouldn`t be any discussion at all,

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 9
Wow, they just officially uploaded the entire album to Youtube.

Also, word has it that when you pick up the newspaper, you also receive a separate ticket with a code on it and that "Radiohead will tell you what to do with it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back