Radiohead - In Rainbows - Live from the Basement
Jun 27, 2008 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wower

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got an email about this from WASTE and wanted to know more infomation. It seems you have to buy it form iTunes at the moment which seems strange considering the direction they took with In Rainbows. Does anyone have more detailed infomation on availability or its contents? Is it a video and an album? Will it have a general release? Thx!

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 9
Come on, some one must have the low down on this? Anyone? The stills from the net look amazing. I'll do some research into it when I get back from Susukino for the weekend!!

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 9
It's a series of live performances filmed in one of their producer's bassment. Basically it's like an album made up of videos. The materials are almost identical to their record except "Bangers & Mash" and "Go Slowly". "Faust Arp" and "Jigsaw Falling into Place" are omitted which is kinda bummber because the later one is one of my favorite.

There did a similar thing in last new years and it's easily found in youtube. However, the live performances in this one is far better, not to mention audio & video quality. (It's encoded as iTunes plus) I highly recommend every Radiohead fans to get it.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 9
I picked it up. Even though it is a video, you can listen to it without the video on your computer (just hit escape, once it starts and it minimizes and you can do other stuff while it plays in the background) or on an ipod (just look for it under music, instead of video and it will play like an album). And yes, its very good. My guess is it will not see any other kind of release.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 9
Though it would be cool if they packaged and released all of their recent live-in-the-studio gigs, especially Scotch Mist. I love the cover songs.
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 9
So it's on their youtube chan? So it's not completely exclusive to itunes? That's some good news. In Rainbows was a such step forward because everyone had the ability to eventually get it - I friggn bought the album - I'd just hate to see them take a step backwards now and lock everything in with itunes (a service I don't use).

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm not sure who created the site (the bottom corner says w.a.s.t.e., but who can be sure?), but Radiohead have their own user-submission-based video portal at w.a.s.t.e. central. They uploaded a video cover of Portishead's "The Rip," which means that they must approve of the website. It looks like the 'From the Basement' program is linked there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back