radiohead fans: "morning bell" which album has the better version?
Aug 29, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 17
and its such a good comedown after idioteque.... morning bell after knives out just feels like a wierd insanity before dollars and cents (i like em both, just amnesiac's version is a bit too wail-ey for me)

Aug 30, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 17
i actually like the live version on "I Might Be Wrong" mini-album best. In fact, there are a few songs on that CD that I prefer over the album versions, like "Like Spinning Plates" and "Everything's in its Right Place." to me these versions sounds like they have so much more effort and prescese than their studio counterparts.

But to answer your question, i'd choose the Kid A version. the Amnesiac version was too way out for me.

What's Radiohead's best b-side? I'd have to choose "Banana Co" for Pablo Honey era, "Talk Show Host" for The Bends, "Polyethelene Pts. I and II" for OK Computer, and "Cuttooth" for Kid A/Amnesiac. "Kinetic" is awesome too.

Aug 31, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
i actually like the live version on "I Might Be Wrong" mini-album best. In fact, there are a few songs on that CD that I prefer over the album versions, like "Like Spinning Plates" and "Everything's in its Right Place." to me these versions sounds like they have so much more effort and prescese than their studio counterparts.

But to answer your question, i'd choose the Kid A version. the Amnesiac version was too way out for me.

What's Radiohead's best b-side? I'd have to choose "Banana Co" for Pablo Honey era, "Talk Show Host" for The Bends, "Polyethelene Pts. I and II" for OK Computer, and "Cuttooth" for Kid A/Amnesiac. "Kinetic" is awesome too.

Same here. The raging guitar of Johnny makes that song much more entertaining.
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 17
WOW! after the underwhelming and craptacular response to my poll I guess I have to chime in with my vote. it goes to the amnesiac version. I like the slower more methodical, what I consider to be the more depressing version of the two, but hey, what the hell do I know?

I obviously meant no offense to the people who voted in the poll with my remarks. Just blown away with all the radiohead fans on this board there weren't more responses.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #7 of 17
If I wanted to make someone's ears bleed, all I would do is give them a pair of Grado's (I like them, don't get me wrong,) and blast the Amnesiac version of "Morning Bell." It's such a plodding, horrible remix, and it's rather screechy and annoying. It's possibly my least favorite song of theirs, B-sides included.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #15 of 17
My vote is for Kid A's version.  Interesting note, when I listen through my HD600's, there is some clipping (distortion?) occuring in the left channel, I can hear it with my IEM's too, but it is less pronounced.  Anyone else notice this?

I ripped the CD to Apple Lossless but I don't think that the format would be the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back