Radio transmitter for walkman?
Sep 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Narcosynthesis

New Head-Fier
I have been getting annoyed lately with the amount of cd's cluttering up my car as the system it has only gives me cd/radio, and no aux in or other options.

I know wee radio transmitters exist for portable audio, but know in the past they haven't been great quality so have avoided them, but am not coming to wander if there may be a solution for me here regardless...

So my question to you knowledgeable sorts, what is the good and bad out there? All I am looking for is something to let me transmit from my headphones jack (it isn't an ipod, so dock connecters are completely out) to the cars radio, not too expensive and decent quality.

Any ideas?

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 5
Couple of years ago items,which you want appeared on the market;they are called "FM modulator"(not transmiter)MadeInChina.There are many models,they flooded market with it.In my place you can buy them
for about 5US$.It is small gadget which you plug into lighter socket,you have USB input,SD card input and analog jack.USB pen drive and SDCard can have capacity up to 2G.accepted formats:128mp3,wma.
You can tune this device through FM band to eliminate interferrence.If you do not have to many FM stations,then playback is very good;with to many FM broadcast - you can close external antena,it helps.

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 5
I  guess the question is though, do they sound any good? I am not expecting it to sound like my home hifi, but I have heard varied reports of different versions from 'sound great' to 'dreadful, noisy, patchy signal, etc...'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back