Radio Shack Fusion
Sep 29, 2003 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Hiker

500+ Head-Fier
Im will be looking for some decent interconnects as soon as I get my new source and head amp. Currently I have nothing so I really have no reference point here. I am interested in hearing what anyone has to say about Radio Shack Fusion cables. They are priced reasonably, but I don't know about sonic quality. I saw a thread from a while back but there was very little helpful information. No one had tried them. It was all speculation. I was just thinking that since that last thread maybe a few people have tried them out. I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg on cables and I was thinking these might fit the bill. If I am wrong please tell me. Any impressions?

Sep 30, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 19
Hiker, they are ok for the price - rugged construction, 2 chokes , decent plugs. I would assume they run side to side with sub $60 Monsters, but I haven't had a chance to compare them to Outlaws or other sub $100 interconnects. They're definitely better than the stock cables you'd usuallu get with A/V equipment.

Sep 30, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 19
vrao81,

I haven't heard Magwires so I can't make a statement about their sound, I was trying to answer Hiker's question concerning RS Fusion and didn't want to suggest other sub $50 interconnects. If you have heard them please elaborate on the sound. Thanx

Sep 30, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #8 of 19
you can see the fusions that i run in my sig. noticable improvement from anything else i've ever used. everything is more open and clean but then again i've never used any "real" audiophile cables. so what do i know...

Sep 30, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
you can see the fusions that i run in my sig. noticable improvement from anything else i've ever used. everything is more open and clean but then again i've never used any "real" audiophile cables. so what do i know...

Actually, I was interested in hearing what you had to say since I've noticed them in your sig a little while ago. I might give them a try because I am a poor college student and most of my money is going toward my source and amp. I was also thinking about giving the Meier Audio ICs a try. Right now I have just begun my shopping for cables and at this point I would like to get the best cables for my money. Can anyone else compare the RS Fusions to other "higher end cables?"

Sep 30, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #10 of 19
do you know what kind of source and amp you're going to get? maybe that would help in knowing how crazy to get with your cables.

Sep 30, 2003 at 1:49 PM Post #11 of 19
Good point Goose. Im going to be getting a Denon 2900 and will most likely get either a Corda HA-2 or Prehead, but the recent rise of the PPA has made me hold off from buying an amp yet. So one of those three amps plus the Denon will be my system.

Oct 1, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 19
Yo Hiker!

I hope that ecost will stock up soon with more refurbished Denon DVD 2900 universal players. Keep on 'em about that so you can be numero uno on the backorder list!

As for headamps, I think that you might want to consider the new Ray Samuels XP-7. Go to the amplifiers sections and do some reading. Jude, John, Tuberoller and a couple other senior Head-Fi members say that it is unreal in sonics much like the Cosmic (Reference Module) headamp; however, it costs $495 which should be competitive to the HA-2 by Meier Audio. Plus, it is transportable or you can make it a permanent home headamp by getting the external power supply for another $200. Just adding more confusion for you...
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for the Radio Shack Fusion cables, I might do a comparison of those against my cables. I'll go to the Radio Shack website and look for these fusion cables. Give me a week...

Oct 1, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 19
Hiker, can you provide me with exactly which Fusion cable you are looking for on the Radio Shack website? There are two pages and I am not sure which ones you are interested in. Give me the model number / price and the url.

Oct 1, 2003 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 19
I have the digital rca->rca and for a radioshack cable, it's surprisingly good. Much better than anything I've tried from their gold series (in a cable in general, not specifically digital). I just got my DH Labs Silver Sonic yesterday tho....and of course they blow the fushion's out of the water easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back