radio shack 910-4380
Jan 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

grrr223

All I want for Christmas is Radio Shack Cat.#910-4380
I unfortunately, haven't been around here much lately, and I noticed that my signature says "All I want for Christmas is radio shack #910-4380".

I wrote that in 2001, but now I don't know what it means.

Does anyone happen to know what that might be, either have an old Radio Shack catalog or something of the sort?

Thanks,
Mike

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 10
The summer that Head-fi was founded, I had an internship at an electronic design and software development company and I spent probably as much time on Head-fi as I did working. It was great!

Since then, I have graduated and gotten a real job and I don't have as much time (or the disposable income) to spend. Someone replied to a thread from 2001 so I got an e-mail from Head-fi and thought I'd check it out. I still enjoy all the cans I purchased that summer though. My daily audio pleasure now consists of listening to my 60gb iPod through either my etymotic ER4-S or tivoi audio Model 2 radio.

I think the Radio Shack part is either a soldering iron of some sort or a multi-tester. I was trying to make the cmoy amp, but I essentially ended up with a box with a battery and a blue led.

If I remember correctly, Radio Shack's website would let you look up parts by their catalog number, but now that they've sold themselves to the cell-phone companies, it looks like they have changed their site and I didn't turn up any results. (By the way, do you know how annoying it is to walk into a store to buy some batteries and having to wait 20 minutes to pay because their sales people are all trying to sell people cellphones?).

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 10
It's some kind of multimeter, oscilloscope, or similar tool. I did some checking on the Internet Wayback Machine, and was able to get the first pages of the "test and measurement" section categories to come up (the August 15, 2000 version). Everything on the pages is similarly numbered, but the exact match isn't there. Any attempt to load page 2 or higher gets redirected to the current site.

This was the period of time when Radio Shack had an excellent selection of electronic equipment online -- much more than they ever had in their stores. Unfortunately, it didn't last for long.

Sep 19, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 10
Borat-VeryNice.jpg

whew, for a second there i was afraid it was gonna be a radio shack soldering station

Users who are viewing this thread

Back