Radio Remote appreciation thread....
Mar 22, 2006 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry guys,

Had to do it. Seems there's a growing number of us who have discovered that this wee guy improves the iPod's sound quality. Please post your thoughts, is it merely a placebo? I'm convinced it's a major improvement with my trusty Nano. See thread below:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167073

ZT
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Alrighty ZackT, count me in as a believer. See my post in the above referenced thread. This little device is really quite nice!!

Thanks dpippel, I'm off to lunch now. I expect a few more belivers on here when I get back!
eggosmile.gif

ZT

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 44
I've already said I love the TURBODOCK II, and now I expect folks to believe me about the Radio Remote too? I think this sums it up-
Believe.jpg

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 44
I'm very impressed after reading feedbacks from you guys. I find it convenient since it provides a radio, a line out port on one device, and a remote!. I'm going to grab one for my ipod as soon as i see it in retail shops.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 44
I've been using this little remote/tuner for a while now and am very happy with it's SQ performance. I am also suprised at the FM reception ability, I'm in Denver, and I pick up stations 60 miles away. Wish the cable was not sooo long, but I guess that's what the Apple had to do, to make it work with their buds.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 44
I believe (although please feel free to prove me wrong) that I was the Pastor that gave the first sermon of worship to the little device...

...Count me as a believer!!

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Could I ask all of you guys for the impedance of the phones you're using? I know Duncan's.

Low impedence all the way here bangraman: RS-1 (32 ohms) and Ety ER-4P (27 ohms).

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
...I was the Pastor that gave the first sermon of worship to the little device...

First Church of Ipod in Shefford eh!

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
First Church of Ipod in Shefford eh!

lol!

Seemingly so, yes - I wonder where my flock is
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Could I ask all of you guys for the impedance of the phones you're using? I know Duncan's.

60 ohms here, the KSC-75. I'm going to try the volume slider trick tho, to add impedance when pumping thru the AE-1.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 44
A believer here...the remote sounds great and FM radio to boot. I'm listening to my 60gb ipod video => apple radio remote => Z-Audio Lambda => KSC75 or KSC35 or A900LTD or E5 or Yamaha HP1. A/Bing from headphone out and the remote is like night and day...more depth and tighter lows on the remote all day. One of the best $50 I've spent for my setup.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back