RAAL vs STAX / ribbon vs electrostatic vs all others
Dec 8, 2023 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gorgorsan

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! RAAL CA-1a or SR-1b vs STAX headphones vs all others for the style of music I am listening to, all driven with a high quality headphone amp of course, which one would be your choice and why? My budget is 5000 EUR/USD max. (just for the headphones) but would prefer to spend less of course (like for example going for STAX SR-007). When it comes to STAX, SR-009S is the max. I can afford so SR-X9000 is not an option. I am listening mostly to metal of all sorts ( heavy metal, thrash, gothic, symphonic, progressive, death and black metal) and from time to time also some classical, jazz fusion, acoustic guitar music and some rock more in the vein of Pink Floyd and such. I know this is broad and no headphone can do it all extremely well but if you would have to pick just one headphone, which one? I never heard RAAL headphones but I heard STAX but it was about 20 years ago so can't remember which model it was but I remember the sound was magical, even for metal. And BTW, what is the difference between STAX SR-007Mk2 and SR-007A? Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi guys! RAAL CA-1a or SR-1b vs STAX headphones vs all others for the style of music I am listening to, all driven with a high quality headphone amp of course, which one would be your choice and why? My budget is 5000 EUR/USD max. (just for the headphones) but would prefer to spend less of course (like for example going for STAX SR-007). When it comes to STAX, SR-009S is the max. I can afford so SR-X9000 is not an option. I am listening mostly to metal of all sorts ( heavy metal, thrash, gothic, symphonic, progressive, death and black metal) and from time to time also some classical, jazz fusion, acoustic guitar music and some rock more in the vein of Pink Floyd and such. I know this is broad and no headphone can do it all extremely well but if you would have to pick just one headphone, which one? I never heard RAAL headphones but I heard STAX but it was about 20 years ago so can't remember which model it was but I remember the sound was magical, even for metal. And BTW, what is the difference between STAX SR-007Mk2 and SR-007A? Thanks!
Stax SR-L700 1st Gen.
Can‘t comment on 2nd Gen., as I don‘t have it.

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi KaiSc, thanks for the info! Have you also heard SR-007, if yes how it compares to cheaper SR-L700 1st Gen? Also, have you by any chance heard HIFIMAN Arya Organic? Lot's of great reviews of this headphone. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back