RAAL-requisite CA-1a - Mini Review
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #61 of 90
they are outstanding, I love the sr1a but the ca is outstanding as well...use both with my hsa-1b
Yea, but which is best, huh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #62 of 90
the sr1a is best but the ca is outstanding and the better choice for rock although I must say I listened to a branford marsalis trio recording last night and felt like I was in the studio with the ca...the plucks of the bass were simply amazing

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #63 of 90
the sr1a is best but the ca is outstanding and the better choice for rock although I must say I listened to a branford marsalis trio recording last night and felt like I was in the studio with the ca...the plucks of the bass were simply amazing
STOP IT...please...I don't have the money - yet. 😢

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #64 of 90
FWIIW the CA is in my opinion at 2,000 dollars or 2500 with the Ti box one of the few bargains in this insane hobby and I say that as one who owns several insanely expensive HP's

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #65 of 90
FWIIW the CA is in my opinion at 2,000 dollars or 2500 with the Ti box one of the few bargains in this insane hobby and I say that as one who owns several insanely expensive HP's

The CA/s pads are not end game,...... however the sound coming through them is going to make a lot of "TOT'L" Buyer's think...."finally".

And to produce this level of SQ, using little clip on foam pads, says a lot about the EARS that designed this gear.....as after all, someone designed this sound.. and that person, needs a pay raise.

I recall when the LCD-5 came out and Audeze was sent scrambling to invent a new headband, as apparently noone at Audeze tried the gear on.
But the BUYERS did, and then Audeze had to give them a new headband as the "original" was not good.

No worries about the CA-1's headband being uncomfortable....as its very comfy.
Someone at the RAAL factory must have tried it on before they boxed them up and sent them out...

Audeze... Hifiman...... ZMF........ be afraid, be very. afraid, as RAAL....is coming for your Fanboys... :)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #66 of 90
The CA/s pads are not end game,...... however the sound coming through them is going to make a lot of "TOT'L" Buyer's think...."finally".

And to produce this level of SQ, using little clip on foam pads, says a lot about the EARS that designed this gear.....as after all, someone designed this sound.. and that person, needs a pay raise.

I recall when the LCD-5 came out and Audeze was sent scrambling to invent a new headband, as apparently noone at Audeze tried the gear on.
But the BUYERS did, and then Audeze had to give them a new headband as the "original" was not good.

No worries about the CA-1's headband being uncomfortable....as its very comfy.
Someone at the RAAL factory must have tried it on before they boxed them up and sent them out...

Audeze... Hifiman...... ZMF........ be afraid, be very. afraid, as RAAL....is coming for your Fanboys... :)
Regarding the headband, I noticed when my dad tried them on his big head barely fit. The leather strap was crammed all the way against the metal frame and stuck out off kilter because of it and the earcups didn't sit flat like intended. The one warning I'd give is if you have a very big head you might have difficulties.

Another minor note, on my own average sized head the earpads also don't lay flat at first, but the foam does adjust to create a good fit after a few seconds.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #67 of 90
I have to thank for the Sierra Hull tip earlier in the thread, she sounds awesome! Extreme high level of musicality/musicianship, and SQ is mint (Tidal HiFi). And, yes, the 1:29 cymbal sounds very good even on a dirt cheap Hifiman HE400SE :smile_phones:

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #68 of 90
At this point, I've heard every flagship across the board and agree, it's the only thing I'd consider a bargain entirely, but importantly, RAAL as a whole is a true disruptor,

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #69 of 90
Regarding the headband, I noticed when my dad tried them on his big head barely fit. The leather strap was crammed all the way against the metal frame and stuck out off kilter because of it and the earcups didn't sit flat like intended. The one warning I'd give is if you have a very big head you might have difficulties.

Your diagnosis is going to pertain to most headphones, as the CA-1s, are in no way a small headset.

Nov 17, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #71 of 90
At this point, I've heard every flagship across the board and agree, it's the only thing I'd consider a bargain entirely, but importantly, RAAL as a whole is a true disruptor,
and they are truly nice people, I told you what a wonderful guy danny is

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #74 of 90
In this case, it is different. The same problem wasn’t apparent on others such as the Meze Liric, Focals, AKGs, etc.

Ive owned all those,, or own them.
Ive reviewed many of them here....
So, i can't agree that the Raal is smaller, as its not., frankly.
Its not a small headband system, and its a very flexible headband.

We can disagree of course, as, life is a bit dull if everyone has the same opinion and pov. :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #75 of 90
Ive owned all those,, or own them.
Ive reviewed many of them here....
So, i can't agree that the Raal is smaller, as its not., frankly.
Its not a small headband system, and its a very flexible headband.

We can disagree of course, as, life is a bit dull if everyone has the same opinion and pov. :)
Yes I agree on paper it seems that way, but I am relaying a direct experience in case it helps anyone who has head size concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back