RAAL-requisite CA-1a - Mini Review
Oct 19, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #47 of 90
Bloom Audio Review

""""
While the SR-1a provided incredible detail and resolution with a spacious sound, the ergonomics left something to be desired, and the bass was never quite there with music that heavily utilizes subbass ranges. CA-1a provides nearly that same level of detail, resolution, and space with a more accurate, powerful low-end and upgrades to all aspects of the headphones’ usability. While the utilitarian design might still be an issue for some, CA-1a elevates the more mainstream audiophile appeal of RAAL-requisite’s ribbon driver design, and speaks to greater things yet to come."""

Oct 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #48 of 90
Super Best Audio Friends Review.

""""These are phenomenal. ESPECIALLY for the money. At 2.5k these are comfortably competing with Susvara and other top tier cans.
Resolution is competing with good estats, and timbre is excellent too. With an overall tuning that comes across as something of a 'transient-emphasised' neutral.
Overall spatial presentation is excellent. Great size of soundstage, excellent imaging. Only downside is layering capability isn't quite as good as some other headphones, but not far off.
The biggest surprise (particularly if you've heard SR1A) is the low-end. These things SLAM. They're punchy, clean, deep reaching and just excellent here. Putting the fully sealed pads on though does give a bit too much bass and I'd only use those for movies and games probably, not music. I would say that maybe just a sliiiight bit more lowend would be ideal from the provided 'coffee bean' pads but it wouldn't be hard at all to tune it yourself by just cutting a couple bits of foam to put in the gaps.
These are imo going to make a lot of headphones somewhat redundant as the performance/$ ratio makes a lot of headphones either side of their pricepoint a really hard pill to swallow."""

Oct 20, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #49 of 90
Bloom Audio Review

""""
While the SR-1a provided incredible detail and resolution with a spacious sound, the ergonomics left something to be desired, and the bass was never quite there with music that heavily utilizes subbass ranges. CA-1a provides nearly that same level of detail, resolution, and space with a more accurate, powerful low-end and upgrades to all aspects of the headphones’ usability. While the utilitarian design might still be an issue for some, CA-1a elevates the more mainstream audiophile appeal of RAAL-requisite’s ribbon driver design, and speaks to greater things yet to come."""
Honestly an EQ bass shelf with the open pads makes these perfect.

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #52 of 90
Yes.
They are a classic., and they just get better after some hours.
Careful, if the deniers read this... Still yet to hear them.

I won't spend until I guage them vs.

* Final D8000 Pro - gotta be used

Runner ups?

* HEK v2 < $1500 used by Spring?
* Audeze B stock OG LCD-4 $1700 again?

FYI: good open box deals on 800S and LCD-X 2021 over at Audio46

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #53 of 90
Careful, if the deniers read this... Still yet to hear them.

I won't spend until I guage them vs.

* Final D8000 Pro - gotta be used

Runner ups?

* HEK v2 < $1500 used by Spring?
* Audeze B stock OG LCD-4 $1700 again?

FYI: good open box deals on 800S and LCD-X 2021 over at Audio46

I own or have owned the FAudio D000 Pro, and every other set of headphones you can name.
Susvara ? sure.
LCD-R ?? of couse.
All the Dan Clark Audio? yep.
All the Audeze ? check, except for the MM-500 = no.
All the Hifiman? well, i have not yet owned the closed Sundara .
Ive heard them all, all the gears, and own some of them still.

True Audiophiles, who are into SOUND vs, the look, or the weight, or the pads, or the BRAND..... or the "can you modify it"....

Not those people.....
But people who are freaks about MUSIC and hearing all the details, obsessively.. ....will love the RAAL CA-1As.
Its a really great sound.

Will everyone love it?
Nope.
Does everyone love the ZMF Atrium and the Susvara and th FA D8000 Pro, and the HEK's...and the ZMF's , and the Sennheiser's, and the Beyerdynamics, and all the rest? Well, apparently not, if the Classified section is still up and running today.

THing is, you can't pay enough money to insure that you will love the sound of your 'new" headphones.
Plenty of Susvara buyers found that out.....

The Raal CA-1A, is a very good sounding gear that will appeal to lovers of sound, but not so much to people who need their head-gear to look 'high tech"" and expensive.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #55 of 90
Personally I think they look high-tech and expensive. :D

I can find no fault with your statement. :)
-
1668614691548.png

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #56 of 90
I own or have owned the FAudio D000 Pro, and every other set of headphones you can name.
Susvara ? sure.
LCD-R ?? of couse.
All the Audeze ? check.
All the Hifiman? well, i have not yet owned the closed Sundara (Yawn).

True Audiophiles, who are into SOUND vs, the look, or the weight, or the pads, or the BRAND..... or the "can you modify it"....

Not those people.....
But people who are freaks about MUSIC and hearing all the details, obsessively.. ....will love the RAAL CA-1As.

Will everyone love it?
Nope.
Does everyone love the ZMF Atrium and the Susvara and th FA D8000 Pro, and the HEK's...and the ZMF's , and the Sennheiser's, and the Beyerdynamics, and all the rest? Well, apparently not, if the Classified section is still up and running today.

THing is, you can't pay enough money to insure that you will love the sound of your 'new" headphones.

The Raal CA-1A, is a very good sounding gear that will appeal to lovers of sound, but not so much to people who need their head-gear to look 'high tech"" and expensive.
No complaints about appearance. Lots of people have beef with the Foam pads not meeting the standards of a headphone in this price tier, when Grado (albeit less expensive) has been utilizing raw foam for decades. I’ve heard them and they sounded phenomenal. I’m still opting for the Warwick Bravura’s as my “next set”, but the CA-1A was a very strong contender.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #57 of 90
No complaints about appearance. Lots of people have beef with the Foam pads not meeting the standards of a headphone in this price tier, when Grado (albeit less expensive) has been utilizing raw foam for decades. I’ve heard them and they sounded phenomenal. I’m still opting for the Warwick Bravura’s as my “next set”, but the CA-1A was a very strong contender.

Enjoy your Journey :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #58 of 90
they are outstanding, I love the sr1a but the ca is outstanding as well...use both with my hsa-1b

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #60 of 90
Susvara ? sure.
LCD-R ?? of couse.
All the Audeze ? check.
All the Hifiman? well, i have not yet owned the closed Sundara (Yawn).

Not those people.....

Will everyone love it?
Nope.

Yes, you already did your job getting me set to hear them. I usually agree with you but I didn't like the NDH 20's much... But maybe my sample was bad. In any event, just a matter of time before I hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back