RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 12, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #1,036 of 1,658
Positive. I was AXPONA today and visited the booth/table twice. I was told how many they sold and they too were surprised about the result. Buyers are reluctant about not spending up and possibly missing out. As far as headphone rigs go this is definitely at the high end. The Magna's were beyond impressive through the Envy. I'm sure there's going to be more "in-depth" from other visitors/regulars here to corroborate. They are cool looking too. I would love to listen to those through my CHORD rig. I'd need an amp as well to power up properly after speaking w/RAAL. I would have loved to hear these over at the DCS LINA tower.
Do you perhaps mean they have sold Immanis, not Magna? The Immanis is the more expensive, larger sized model of the two.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #1,037 of 1,658
Are you sure of this? From what I have read here on Head-Fi, most members are reserving Immanis with a lesser fraction going for the Magna. Either way, these phones look like a definite hit.
Yes. He told me I think 60 Immanis sold so far and zero Magna.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #1,040 of 1,658
I was told it was the exact opposite from someone who would know................
You're right. I got the names wrong! The triple are selling.
BTW NWave I finally got to listen throught your Feliks Envy with these. Fantastic.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #1,044 of 1,658
Now I have to decide what I'm going to do. It was one of those deals where like a great concert you find yourself asking: "What just happened there".

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #1,045 of 1,658
Did anyone listen to a solid-state amp pairing with either the Magna or Immanis? I am interested since I own a Benchmark HPA4 amp. Thanks.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #1,046 of 1,658
Did anyone listen to a solid-state amp pairing with either the Magna or Immanis? I am interested since I own a Benchmark HPA4 amp. Thanks.

I tried it with the hsa1b and it was alright, but the armageddon and vm1a are both huge steps up over the hsa1b. armageddon is a very very good pairing, but I very slightly prefer the vm1a with the Immanis.

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #1,048 of 1,658
I heard it with my Holo Serene preamp and both the Magna and Immanis. The Holo is only 3W and it sounded good. Not as good as the VM-1a but more than good enough. The Holo Serene is going down to my Livingroom so I have something good there for the Immanis.

I am about to sell my Benchmark AHB2 amp and debating whether to also sell my LA4 preamp to get the HPA4. I know the HPA4 will work with the Immanis since it is even more powerful than the Serene. I am only considering the HPA4 because of the Immanis. I think it will be a good pairing.

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #1,049 of 1,658
I hang out on Audiogon and have suggested to a few people to go have a listen to the new 1995's at Axpona. Looking forward to their observations. It is a bit like preaching to the choir over here.

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #1,050 of 1,658
Yes. He told me I think 90 Immanis sold so far and zero Magna.
That can't be entirely true, I know a couple people on this thread, or the other Immanis thread have put orders on both the Immanis and Magna. That is pretty crazy there is such a large disparity though, I would've expected it to be closer to half and half. I admit to contributing to the "problem" with my Immanis order though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back