RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #661 of 1,638
sgnsgns.jpg

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #663 of 1,638
Hey, Mark!
Glad to see you finally got them!

A little note: that cable with a Red stripe is for Magna only. The other cable, with a White stripe is for Immanis and comes with it, but could be gotten as an upgrade for Magna.
Hi Aleksandar, thank you for the info. I believe I have only the red stripe cable from Danny, no new white stripe cable. So I have a 2m Star 8 (old type red and white stripe) 10' SC2, original SC1. Absent the new white stripe which cable would have the best impedance for the Immanis in your opinion?

Congratulations on your work here, these are amazing!

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #664 of 1,638
Hi Aleksandar, thank you for the info. I believe I have only the red stripe cable from Danny, no new white stripe cable. So I have a 2m Star 8 (old type red and white stripe) 10' SC2, original SC1. Absent the new white stripe which cable would have the best impedance for the Immanis in your opinion?

Congratulations on your work here, these are amazing!
Thank you, Mark! I'm really glad you like them.
I just wonder what your daughter will say, eventually.

And another thank you for doing the photos! I can't wait to see them!

The 6ft. STAR-8 that you brought is what goes with Immanis, so that's a perfect match! It will look different, but that's the one.

Cheers,

Alex

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #665 of 1,638

The 6ft. STAR-8 that you brought is what goes with Immanis, so that's a perfect match! It will look different, but that's the one.

Cheers,

Alex
Great, I'll be sure that I do my listening with that combination.

My daughter will always need the SR1a because of her cochlear implant. So I will never sell the SR1a for her sake, and happy that she can never ask me to buy her a Magna.

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #666 of 1,638
What new dac is on its way? It isn’t that long ago that you switched from Chord to DCS, right?

That's right, and I was perfectly happy with the Rossini stack, it's a great source, but made the mistake of auditioning this ...

1711206231433.png

Need to wait another 2 weeks before I clasp my hands on it, though.

I have high expectations of it paired with the Immanis.

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #667 of 1,638
That's right, and I was perfectly happy with the Rossini stack, it's a great source, but made the mistake of auditioning this ...

Lukasz is one of the earliest users of my ribbon tweeters, so there must be some synergy going on there :)

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #668 of 1,638
Our leather tailor changed my idea of what leather should be on the "mushroom top" of the stand, so now we're doing this:
I preferred the original Version by a significant margin. I hope that the original one will remain an option, or you make a special request exception for me.

1711206231433.png

I'd love to Audition that one. Seems to be a good choice at least

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #669 of 1,638
I preferred the original Version by a significant margin. I hope that the original one will remain an option, or you make a special request exception for me.
Of course I will!
I don't like the suede any more because it picks up hair and specks all the time...it never looks clean.
After Heidelberg, it was fairly tough to clean them up, so my leather tailor is right when he says that we shouldn't push people into frustration about keeping the mushroom clean.
I wanted the suede only for grip, not having headphones slip off the stand, but I was wrong.
This leather also has a lot of grip and unless you lift the headphones up and try to only slide them off the stand, you will tip-over the Interface.
So now I'm happy with both the looks and performance.
But If you like the suede better, you will certainly have it! :)

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #670 of 1,638

1711206231433.png

What a beast :) I wish you lots of joy with it. This is a different territory moneywise. I look forward hearing about what you think.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #671 of 1,638

Cheers,

Alex
Hey Alex, I'm just wanting to echo what I've seen a few people on here say because I feel the same way. The cable for Immanis just doesn't seem to match it aesthetically. Is it possible to get it with a different sleeving? In my opinion a plain black sleeve would be fine or maybe something with gold/brown stitched in would complement the grill nicely.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #672 of 1,638
Our leather tailor changed my idea of what leather should be on the "mushroom top" of the stand, so now we're doing this:

0-02-05-9b3dd049fb41f409f5c536ce7fc66dc425a06dba82ee31a57364cc3a8b59791c_4daf950d.jpg
xfgbnsgb.jpg

It's the same leather as for the headband top, only thinned down, plus with a thicker stem, it all makes a much nicer stand.

More news in my next post!
Hi @Aleksandar R. , will there be an option to simply get the current drive interface in a small brick format? I don't love the aesthetics of the stand, and likely wouldn't use it even if I did. Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere in the thread.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #673 of 1,638
Hi @Aleksandar R. , will there be an option to simply get the current drive interface in a small brick format? I don't love the aesthetics of the stand, and likely wouldn't use it even if I did. Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere in the thread.
You could just get the Raal Requisite brick from the CA-1A. That one works the same if I'm not mistaken

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #674 of 1,638
Hey Alex, I'm just wanting to echo what I've seen a few people on here say because I feel the same way. The cable for Immanis just doesn't seem to match it aesthetically. Is it possible to get it with a different sleeving? In my opinion a plain black sleeve would be fine or maybe something with gold/brown stitched in would complement the grill nicely.
Are you serious?

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #675 of 1,638
You could just get the Raal Requisite brick from the CA-1A. That one works the same if I'm not mistaken
Yeah, I love the brick form factor of the TI-1b, I'll be keeping that for my Magna/Immanis.
It's so solidly built, a flat rectangle fits better on a desk/shelf/entertainment stand, and it transports well, just throw it in a backpack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back