RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #571 of 1,658
Only my interpretation. Why would Feliks Audio take a prototype amplifier to a show to pair with Immanis and then tell people it cannot be bought anymore when they are amazed by what they are hearing? It would not be a very sensible Sales and Marketing strategy. I could understand it if they offered it as an even higher performing edition than the Performance Edition, but not if that specification is never offered for sale again.
Well for one I'm not sure wether 25 units would sell in 2 months at that price.
On the other hand it's still a Statement piece to showcase their skill in producing amplifiers.

However, if they are sold out by then and there is still serious demand, who knows what the future holds. Personally I'd be surprised if you can move more than 25 units in 2 months at that price, they probably can't even produce that fast

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #573 of 1,658
I read rather conflicting feedback on Immanis (shame I couldnt make it to Heidelberg myself) Some people claim its the Envy that pushed the sound so well, since the unit showcased without Envy was described very differently (for example low bass). I really do wonder if Immanis is similar to Susvara, basically vanishing and revealing the chain fully.

Still would love some comparisons with Sus, fell in love with it again after receiving my Envy.
I definitely heard low bass when Immanis was driven by the HSA-1c. Not sure that Immanis reveals the chain fully because I don’t think anybody doing a blind listening test would guess the Envy was being driven by the SP3000 DAP. Alex had lined up the SE300 DAP to be used with the HSA-1c but if some people used their own music sources it could help explain some of the comments. Also some people used the direct drive input on the HSA while others used the normal input with the new interface. The only true test is to hear it at home on your own system with your own ears. Or, for example, if you know that Lieven’s tastes are similar to your own then you can accept his review. If his tastes are very different to yours then your conclusions about Immanis will be very different. There are a few reviewers who I trust and will take guidance from but normally I make all decisions with my ears.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #574 of 1,658
I definitely heard low bass when Immanis was driven by the HSA-1c. Not sure that Immanis reveals the chain fully because I don’t think anybody doing a blind listening test would guess the Envy was being driven by the SP3000 DAP. Alex had lined up the SE300 DAP to be used with the HSA-1c but if some people used their own music sources it could help explain some of the comments. Also some people used the direct drive input on the HSA while others used the normal input with the new interface. The only true test is to hear it at home on your own system with your own ears. Or, for example, if you know that Lieven’s tastes are similar to your own then you can accept his review. If his tastes are very different to yours then your conclusions about Immanis will be very different. There are a few reviewers who I trust and will take guidance from but normally I make all decisions with my ears.
Yeah I'd also think that if the HSA-1C had lower bass the culprit is more with the source being the SE300 compared to the SP3000 which fed the Envy

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #575 of 1,658
Well for one I'm not sure wether 25 units would sell in 2 months at that price.
On the other hand it's still a Statement piece to showcase their skill in producing amplifiers.

However, if they are sold out by then and there is still serious demand, who knows what the future holds. Personally I'd be surprised if you can move more than 25 units in 2 months at that price, they probably can't even produce that fast
10 for the US, 10 for Asia, 5 for Europe? I don’t know but possibly something like that when you look at which markets love their tube amps. Manufactured between April and June. Shouldn’t be so hard when there are enough gullible people around with more money than sense. Cough, cough, looks in mirror and asks self question 🤔, after all we only live once.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #576 of 1,658
Yeah I'd also think that if the HSA-1C had lower bass the culprit is more with the source being the SE300 compared to the SP3000 which fed the Envy
I used my own SP3000 when I was sat next to my noisy neighbour…..😂

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #577 of 1,658
@Aleksandar R.
Last year at Munich high end there was a Sennheiser HE1. This year if possible you should try to arrange a Feliks Envy 25th Anniversary Edition + Immanis setup right next to it. Canjam impressions were very favourable for the Immanis even of those that auditioned the He1 right before it.
That is definitely going to happen!
Not sure with which version of Envy, but I doubt it would matter much. That hall is ridiculously noisy.
In any case, Envy works great with both 95's and I'd be happy to do the presentation on any version.

However, I will be there only on Thursday, B2B - Press day. From Friday to Sunday, I'll be in a quiet room at Hifideluxe Show in Marriott (Schwabing).

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Mar 10, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #578 of 1,658
That is definitely going to happen!
Not sure with which version of Envy, but I doubt it would matter much. That hall is ridiculously noisy.
In any case, Envy works great with both 95's and I'd be happy to do the presentation on any version.

However, I will be there only on Thursday, B2B - Press day. From Friday to Sunday, I'll be in a quiet room at Hifideluxe Show in Marriott (Schwabing).
Hi Alex, but Thomas will have Immanis/Magna with him and continue to demo it for High-End visitors?

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #579 of 1,658
I didn't catch Danny's username, but does anyone know what was that classical recording he had loaded on the ipad? I would like to listen to it on my own setup for comparison's sake. (sorry I didn't make note of this in the moment - CanJam tends to overwhelm my otherwise fairly organized brain. lol)

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #581 of 1,658
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #585 of 1,658
As a homage to our Ribbon Whisperer @Aleksandar R. , here is a couple of albums from artists born in former Yugoslavia which the Immanis makes especially involving. These are acoustic guitar recordings, and Krushevo in particular is as good as it gets in providing seemingly lifelike timbre and guitar dynamics.

Both are from MA Recordings, which unfortunately does not allow streaming, but if you are willing to get a glance of what this label offers, there are two fantastic free samplers linked on their home page (https://www.marecordings.com/).

1710067051161.png

1710068342402.png

Coming back to bass (or, better, sub-bass), I can reassure all bassheads out there who are open to EQ about the capabilities of the Immanis to suit their tastes, and this comes from someone who has owned the AB-1266 for 7 years.

Aside from a check with a tone generator, where I did not notice any hint of roll-off until 24Hz, being 20Hz still very audible, I indulged myself with my usual test tracks (from Hey Now, to Why Serious, Interstellar, to various organ compositions) and the Immanis did not break a sweat. Actually, the combination of bass quantity, heft after EQ is there with the absolute best in my opinion, together with an articulation and definition which places them into an arena of their own.
Wow, you may be the only other person I've ever run across who knows these albums and artists. Both are fantastic, as are Dusan's other albums too. Not to everyone's taste, but very musical and often beautifully performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back