RA-1 power questions.
Jan 25, 2004 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rex0x0

New Head-Fier
I did do some searching, but didn't find an answer, feel free to point me in the right direction if this has been covered.

I've got a couple questions about the power.

For those who have the battery version approx how long does the pair of batteries last. I realize that there are probably serveral variables in this and the type of battery changes this too, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate here.

The ac version, I havn't been able to find a shop with one yet so I havn't been able to find this out in person. I was looking at the old threads but the pictures are dead now. The main thing I'm wondering is which specific power supply they use? I'd like to do a little research on it. (this really only applies if its external, but I got that impression from the previous threads)

Thanks alot.

Jan 25, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Since you haven't received an answer yet, let me say the Plainview rechargables I've used in a couple amps last about 40 hours. I haven't timed non-rechargables (they obviously last longer), and this isn't in reference to the Grado amp, but maybe you can use it as an estimate.

Jan 25, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 3
I use energizer lithium L522, medical 9V batteries. Got them with a used RA-1 December 6, 2003, and have been listening to them ever since. The same pair! The seller (amadeus-mozart) also included a new set still in the foil wrap so I've got that going for me..., which is nice.

Here's a good thread about batteries. Or type plainview in a head-fi search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back