R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
May 26, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #2,251 of 4,410
Was there not two supplied with your Hiby? One already fitted, and the other in the box. Mine came with two.
Well, yes, good question. I stupidly unpeeled the extra one because I didn't realize there was already one on the player. The extra one had a "step 1" sticker on it, and the one already on the player, had a "step 2" sticker on it. I assumed that I first needed to peel off the one that said step 1 and apply it after peeling off the step 2 covering on the player. That's normally what those stickers are for - to guide you through initial set up of the hardware. So, I destroyed the extra one in the process. If you know where I could get replacements, I'd be very interested. Thanks.

May 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #2,252 of 4,410
Sorry,.....I don’t , but will be in the exact same position as you shortly, so very interested in any replies. I’m on my second and it’s all but lifted from the screen.

Like you, I also have the “official” Hiby leather case and it ripped my screen protector off. Actually, when I say ripped, what actually happened was that through charging the R5, it slides back out of the case (during cable insertion) and that is where the protector starts being lifted.

First time ever any Dap I have owned has had issues with screen protectors through fitting an official case.

May 26, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #2,253 of 4,410
Was there not two supplied with your Hiby? One already fitted, and the other in the box. Mine came with two.
Mine too, I took mine off when I got the leather case as it had bubbles, but nothing looks good with a screen protector imo Not had one on my phone for 3 years either. Still scratch free.

May 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #2,254 of 4,410
Well, yes, good question. I stupidly unpeeled the extra one because I didn't realize there was already one on the player. The extra one had a "step 1" sticker on it, and the one already on the player, had a "step 2" sticker on it. I assumed that I first needed to peel off the one that said step 1 and apply it after peeling off the step 2 covering on the player. That's normally what those stickers are for - to guide you through initial set up of the hardware. So, I destroyed the extra one in the process. If you know where I could get replacements, I'd be very interested. Thanks.

If your in the UK you can have my spare one as I won't use it. Pm your address and I'll post it when I get the chance.

May 26, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #2,256 of 4,410
I did the same thing. How do u like the leather case so far?

May 26, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #2,257 of 4,410
Hey Joe, glad to see you posting here.

Is there any plan to separate out volume for the 3.5 vs. the 4.4 balanced out? My scenario is to set 3.5 for line out full volume for car use; and 4.4 at a lower volume for IEM use. I sometimes still forget that I cranked up the volume for use in the car when I put in the IEMs for phone out usage.

At $300 this is unit is one of the best values in audiophile land.

For the person who asked about ISO playback for DSD/SACD; the native HiBy app handles that just fine. Last I checked even Shanling couldn't pull that off with its native app for the M6 which is the main unit I had considered before going with the R5.

Seems like Hiby and FIIO have their Android game going as both can offer system wide EQ and system wide bypass of Android audio limits and their core playback software can handle ISO.

Very good suggestions!!

May 26, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #2,259 of 4,410
Hey Joe, glad to see you posting here.

Is there any plan to separate out volume for the 3.5 vs. the 4.4 balanced out? My scenario is to set 3.5 for line out full volume for car use; and 4.4 at a lower volume for IEM use. I sometimes still forget that I cranked up the volume for use in the car when I put in the IEMs for phone out usage.

At $300 this is unit is one of the best values in audiophile land.

For the person who asked about ISO playback for DSD/SACD; the native HiBy app handles that just fine. Last I checked even Shanling couldn't pull that off with its native app for the M6 which is the main unit I had considered before going with the R5.

Seems like Hiby and FIIO have their Android game going as both can offer system wide EQ and system wide bypass of Android audio limits and their core playback software can handle ISO.
agreed, i think can be done in software

May 27, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,262 of 4,410
Which IEMs?
The problem with M11 was that I was not satisfied with amount of bass, especially with Dunu DK-2001, which was praised for authorative slam. But it sounded thin with the M11. With the R5 it really unfolded nicely, and I really like warmish signature compared to the analytical sound of the M11. It took me one year to realise that the problem in my case was not IEMs, but the player. I think I'm kind of happy now with the DK-2001, LZ A6, Blon BL-03 and my new addition - Thieaudio Legacy 3. All of them sound really great now. I'm not sure whether I'm gonna look further for more expensive phones or daps for that matter.

May 27, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #2,264 of 4,410
Why are Tidal covers such low quality? Kind of annoying. Screenshot_20200527-202517.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back