R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Mar 31, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,936 of 4,415
Thanks for your advice about the leather case!
FWIW I have the Dignis leather case, and it hasn't caused any damage to my screen protector at all (I've only removed it a handful of times). To be honest I can't even understand how it could cause damage to the screen protector.
I'm not saying it hasn't for others, just that I can't see how.

Mar 31, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #1,937 of 4,415
FWIW I have the Dignis leather case, and it hasn't caused any damage to my screen protector at all (I've only removed it a handful of times). To be honest I can't even understand how it could cause damage to the screen protector.
I'm not saying it hasn't for others, just that I can't see how.
I meant the leather case from hiby, I don't know about dignis case. The screen protector will pop up when you put the case on or take it out. It ruined 2 of my screen protectors.

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,943 of 4,415
I meant the leather case from hiby, I don't know about dignis case. The screen protector will pop up when you put the case on or take it out. It ruined 2 of my screen protectors.

I have the exact same problem. Considering going back to the gel case tbh.

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #1,945 of 4,415
Which player are you using on your Hiby? Can't decide between UAPP, Poweramp, Musicolet (I really don't like Neutron UI)... Which is the best in sound, UI and organization for you?

Would be super for something well assimilable to Musicbee...

Thanks in advance for your opinions

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1,946 of 4,415
Which player are you using on your Hiby? Can't decide between UAPP, Poweramp, Musicolet (I really don't like Neutron UI)... Which is the best in sound, UI and organization for you?

Would be super for something well assimilable to Musicbee...

Thanks in advance for your opinions
Óut of the three only UAPP can do bit perfect.

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #1,947 of 4,415
After installing last update my player is not turning on, what should i do?
If all else fails try a factory reset?
In your instructions there are steps for performing a 'forced restart', or 'factory reset'.

To perform a factory reset ("Caution: all data will be erased!") hold down the volume + then simultaneously press and hold the power button for a few seconds. An Android lying on his back with open chest will appear with the words "No command".
Next press and hold the power button, then the vol + button (again both end up pressed simultaneously).
Then use the volume - button to scroll down through the menu (vol + scrolls back up if you go too far down) to "wipe data/factory reset" and use the power button to select.
Hiby says this will erase all your data.
I have no idea if this will also require you to go through all the OTA update steps again.

I had to go through these steps when I first got my R5, due to carelessly starting the process by accidentally pressing both the power and vol + buttons while fitting the case, but it all went smoothly and as described in the 'manual' (poster more like, I really don't like poster style instructions, but it's a very small complaint when everything seems quite well written, and decent English).

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,949 of 4,415
Has anybody heard from Joe Bloggs? I hope he is okay with all the Covid-19 issues in China and Hong Kong. This is more of a human question rather than a tech support question. I have known him through a few companies and always enjoyed working with him.
Nice question. You still there @Joe Bloggs ??

In other news £100 off on amazon uk atm.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #1,950 of 4,415
Sorry if asked before... anyone compared R6 (non-pro) and R5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back