R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Mar 8, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #1,788 of 4,410
My Wi-Fi works fine, but I confess that I can't find where in the menu's the connection speed is displayed or switched.

I know where to find it in my Android 9 phone (5 ghz) But the wi-fi menu on the R5 doesn't list speed.
Where are you guys seeing/controlling this?

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,789 of 4,410
My Wi-Fi works fine, but I confess that I can't find where in the menu's the connection speed is displayed or switched.

I know where to find it in my Android 9 phone (5 ghz) But the wi-fi menu on the R5 doesn't list speed.

i had my wifi setup so that the speed is in the name, that way i always know which one i am connected to.

Mar 8, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #1,790 of 4,410
i had my wifi setup so that the speed is in the name, that way i always know which one i am connected to.
Well, in that case, since both my phone and the R5 are connecting to the same router can I assume that the R5 is also connecting via 5Ghz?

If so, my R5 seems fine on 5Ghz.
Sorry, I know my response doesn't help you @vessel, but unless some sort of automatic switching/selection is occurring between 2Ghz and 5Ghz then 5Ghz seems to work fine on my R5.
I get great range too, actually very slightly better than my phone!
I'm fairly ignorant of wi-fi lore, so I don't have any suggestions for a fix beyond what bassboysam said.
Good luck getting it to work properly.

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #1,791 of 4,410

Download the Speedtest app and it will show how fast each band is broadcasting.

Mar 8, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #1,793 of 4,410
Well, in that case, since both my phone and the R5 are connecting to the same router can I assume that the R5 is also connecting via 5Ghz?

If so, my R5 seems fine on 5Ghz.
Sorry, I know my response doesn't help you @vessel, but unless some sort of automatic switching/selection is occurring between 2Ghz and 5Ghz then 5Ghz seems to work fine on my R5.
I get great range too, actually very slightly better than my phone!
I'm fairly ignorant of wi-fi lore, so I don't have any suggestions for a fix beyond what bassboysam said.
Good luck getting it to work properly.

You can find the wifi frequency in the network info window, click on the SSID in the wireless screen and it should show up. I think my issue is improving, it's gone from failing 5+ times in the space of an hour to 3 times in the past 12 hours. Unfortunately, I've discovered a new problem, this time with the Bluetooth. It connects and then immediately drops the connection in less than a second. Not sure why yet since it doesn't give any kind of an error, I'm going to test it more and see if I can figure out what is going wrong. I'm thinking I may have received a defective R5 but I don't want to believe that because otherwise I'm really loving this thing, it sounds so good.

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #1,797 of 4,410
You can find the wifi frequency in the network info window, click on the SSID in the wireless screen and it should show up. I think my issue is improving, it's gone from failing 5+ times in the space of an hour to 3 times in the past 12 hours. Unfortunately, I've discovered a new problem, this time with the Bluetooth. It connects and then immediately drops the connection in less than a second. Not sure why yet since it doesn't give any kind of an error, I'm going to test it more and see if I can figure out what is going wrong. I'm thinking I may have received a defective R5 but I don't want to believe that because otherwise I'm really loving this thing, it sounds so good.
Ah yes, I see it now, thanks.

Yup definitely 5Ghz.
Interestingly, when I tapped the SSID to open the details, it showed 5Ghz for a split second, then 2.4Ghz for another split second, then back to 5, then stays at 5.

I can't fathom why yours would be changing from very unstable to a lot more stable over time.
Sorry to hear about your bluetooth as well.
I don't think I've actually tried music via BT yet....

......just tried, and although pairing phone and R5 was easy I can't get the BT audio input service to work. it just keeps saying "Waiting for pairing. If you cannot connect, please repair. 0KHz"
On the R5, when I click on my phone in 'paired devices' I get a window offering check-boxes for:
Media audio
Internet access
Contact sharing

But the box for Media audio is greyed out and doesn't allow me to select it.
I also can't select "Internet access" so "contact sharing" is the only box which will accept a check-mark.
Does this description match any of the BT issues you describe?

I feel like my BT issues are possibly user error due to my ignorance of BT, and although the loss of the BT function would not be a deal breaker for me, I can see why it would for others.

I'll keep trying to get the BT to work, and will report back if I can.
If anyone can help us get our BT to work, please let me know where I'm going wrong.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #1,798 of 4,410
That does describe my Bluetooth experience I think. Checking boxes doesn't seem to change anything, and whether I connect from my phone or the R5, it behaves the same where it says it's connected and then immediately drops the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back