r2r dac with dsd?
Oct 29, 2016 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
is there an r2r dac with dsc/dxd, mqa other than the msb select? I am looking for something reasonably priced. I do have the select dac on hand and others but right now looking for something much less expensive. Quite frankly dsd is not a deal breaker for a r2r dac at a lower price but i do like to have it. pcm is fine and comparable to dsd in fact if not better but again, i like to have it. i am not talking about very cheap dacs though. up to $10,000usd. However the lower would be better. I do not want to get down to the price where they are very limited though. The least that is excellent i have come to the feeling having the msb that r2r can be much better than delta sigma. wel, it al depends on the filter but filter-less still seems better to me. of course i would not want the likes of the 9018,9038pro without a filter present.

thanks.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 8
outstanding! thank you. level three is only $2,400usd. I hope it sounds good. I bet it does. I did not think anyone would come up with something that price! After high end r2r tired of sigma delta but i have more than one system and they do not warrant $$$ dacs.

Oct 30, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Yggy doesn't do dsd.you should maybe ask in the summit fi forum for more choices

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 8
I have the msb select. I was not looking for summit-fi for this one. i wondered if there was an affordable one. the holo looks like all there is. it is impressive looking for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back