R10 vs. HP1000 vs. HD650 vs. RS1 vs. DT880
Dec 24, 2003 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Thanks to the generosity of a very cool head-fi member(you can I.D. yourself if you wish) The Sony R10s are "in da house" along with all the other great phones I could get my hands on. I won't get any of the Audio Technica phones in time to do a side by side and the Omega II won't be here for another two weeks but this is good showing. Antness offered up a KGSS for use with the Omega II and I'll take him up on that offer when I get the Stax stuff.

I have the Teac DV-50 player on hand for a few weeks more and this is the source I will use for my impressions. I've been sick for the past few days and my ears are pretty shot and I really can't form good impressions until they get better. I have a very good selection of amps including the Ray Samuels Audio Stealth and this should be fun. I've always wanted to get all these phones together for a home audition/shootout and I'm grateful for the chance to do so. I'll post some thoughts when I feel better and my ears pop.

Dec 24, 2003 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 9
What are your impressions of the Esoteric DV-50? I am really considering one and am very interested!

Dec 24, 2003 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 9
gpalmer,

I thought for sure I read on Audiogon that you ruled out th DV-50 since it didn't have firewire. What made you change your mind? I'll try to find post.. maybe I misread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2003 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Tuberoller,
Screw the headphone review, give us some Stealth impressions!
evil_smiley.gif
Please???
frown.gif
Pretty please???
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 9
gpalmer,

I thought for sure I read on Audiogon that you ruled out th DV-50 since it didn't have firewire. What made you change your mind? I'll try to find post.. maybe I misread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2003 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm also in the new source boat. In the short-term, I think it's between the DV-50, MF Tri-Vista, and Accuphase DP-77. Went to the shop with my Cosmic Reference and Etys. Leaning toward the Tri-Vista at the moment.

Dec 25, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Thanks to the generosity of a very cool head-fi member(you can I.D. yourself if you wish) The Sony R10s are "in da house" along with all the other great phones I could get my hands on. I won't get any of the Audio Technica phones in time to do a side by side and the Omega II won't be here for another two weeks but this is good showing. Antness offered up a KGSS for use with the Omega II and I'll take him up on that offer when I get the Stax stuff.

I have the Teac DV-50 player on hand for a few weeks more and this is the source I will use for my impressions. I've been sick for the past few days and my ears are pretty shot and I really can't form good impressions until they get better. I have a very good selection of amps including the Ray Samuels Audio Stealth and this should be fun. I've always wanted to get all these phones together for a home audition/shootout and I'm grateful for the chance to do so. I'll post some thoughts when I feel better and my ears pop.

Yeah, I'm the fool who lent out the R 10s. Thats okay though, I got the Sony V 600 (not the V6) to listen to for a few days, it sounds kind of like the R 10s, well sort of.
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by eiekal
gpalmer,

smily_headphones1.gif

I had ruled it out, but I looked around and didn't find anything else that met all the criteria. It seems to be the best all round source in the price range, and I might just have to live without firewire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back