R10 for 2K???
Sep 28, 2004 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
I woke up for class this morning about an hour earlier than i meant to, so what did i do? i looked for any steals or deals on the cream of the crop headphones...not that i can afford any of them, nor am i unhappy with my MS-2s, it was just something to do! lo and behold, amazon plans to have R10s (brand new) in stock soon, selling for $1999.99, or 50% off!! is this a new version of the R10 that compromises a bit in construction and build quality, or is this the real deal? just wanted to let anybody in the market for these babies know!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=pc&n=507846

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Hmmm, now I am very very interested.

Do it... and sell me your rs-1s. :p

Biggie.

Sep 28, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 10
maybe a group of less financially-savvy head-fiers can pool together for these and share them, you know, like a beach house......i'm being sarcastic about this until somebody agrees with me!! most college kids don't have time to go to meets or money enough to buy these things (except ayt999
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 28, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 10
buy from amazon, sell on ebay. buy from amazon, sell on ebay. now i have enough to buy and keep from amazon
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomaster
(except ayt999
smily_headphones1.gif
)

lol

I'm contemplating selling my current MDR-R10 (for about the same I bought it at) and buying this instead. lol why is amazon selling it for so cheap???

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 10
LOL, this ad has been up quite some time. I saw it at least couple of months ago, yet it still read as in-stock soon. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you!

Sep 28, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Most likely its an automatically generated price reduction for an out of production item. I don't think Amazon ever had any in stock, so if they don't have it in their hands it's no deal.

Brian

Sep 28, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Most likely its an automatically generated price reduction for an out of production item. I don't think Amazon ever had any in stock, so if they don't have it in their hands it's no deal.

Brian

Trust me, if Amazon sold it for under 2K brand new, I would be wearing one right now! Or buy like five of them and make a furtune selling it elsewhere ($1400 profit per phone
icon10.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back