R.I.P UE Super.fi 5 Pro....:(
Nov 25, 2005 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Negative Design

Head-Fier
Been a week since my baby died.....now I'm twice as sorry for my wallet
eek.gif

was a rainy day...everything was going great had em on fine and everything till I put em in my pocket,when took em out the right ear piece was dead,well it was shaky I'd had to move the wires around for sound and moving em too much the piece completely came off and not the detachable on the wires are exposed and now only one piece works
frown.gif

Called cus. support for help but I got no reply yet,till then I've been using a stock ipod ear set and I can't tell you how disgusted I am to be using such crap.....I'm really P/O'd and miss my IEMs
frown.gif
im even considering getting a cheap IEM while waiting for the RMA.

I used to use these stock phones before I had the IEM but after going to IEM and back I felt like I was in another country the difference is SOOOO vast,I can't stand hearing interference
frown.gif

Anyone know how to speed the RMA process up?
I bought the Superfi 5 pro from a member of these forums and he bought it from guitarstore...I dont think he still have the receipt tho....

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOKROX
Put them in a small hard (metal?) storage case next time. These things
are fragile. Some metal candy containers might be the right size.

They come with a small yet still a bit inconvenient metal case.
My Super.Fi's left earpiece's bass died out on me recently. You NEED a receipt for them to even look at it... it was a week before I could find mine. After that, the RMA process should be quick. (Dispatched within a day of recieving it they tell me)
But you need everything, or most of the things that came with it. They even ask for the blister pack.

I'm still waiting for mine back...

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
They come with a small yet still a bit inconvenient metal case.
My Super.Fi's left earpiece's bass died out on me recently. You NEED a receipt for them to even look at it... it was a week before I could find mine. After that, the RMA process should be quick. (Dispatched within a day of recieving it they tell me)
But you need everything, or most of the things that came with it. They even ask for the blister pack.

I'm still waiting for mine back...

The stock case looks really cool and professional but not practical for everyday use,I use em to go to work everyday travel I don't have time to wrap em in that box.I just wrap it around my PSP(which is my source btw
smily_headphones1.gif
) and put them carefuly in my bag.

Unfortunately I have no receipt,I bought it from a member here
frown.gif
the 5 pro's are less than a year old right? that alone should qualify it for RMA IMHO I'll buy another if I have to...but I'd rather get RMA or pay a fee for repair.

Nov 25, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 21
wow this really sucks to hear. i'd definitely not want to shell out another $180-220 for another pair, so maybe try to get the receipt off the guy who sold em to you. other than that, you may want to use an altoids tin as a case in the future, it is also hard, and all you have to do is wrap them around your fingers and put them in the tin, rather than having to fiddle with that spindle.

Nov 25, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
wow this really sucks to hear. i'd definitely not want to shell out another $180-220 for another pair, so maybe try to get the receipt off the guy who sold em to you. other than that, you may want to use an altoids tin as a case in the future, it is also hard, and all you have to do is wrap them around your fingers and put them in the tin, rather than having to fiddle with that spindle.

Thanks for the kind words man,I apreciate it.I don't want to shell out another 200$ but will do it in a heartbeat...this was one of my greatest buys.

I talked to the seller and he doesn't have the receipt
frown.gif
I bought it from him over 2+ months ago and he bought it even longer ago than that.

Also,the metal part of earpieces which keeps the wires straight cut the wire too,each time I use it I had to keep bending that metal piece and it finally cut the wire....I hate that metal part,I'll need to find a way to remove if I buy a new one.

Nov 25, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 21
i keep mine in the leather pouch supplied, and frankly am pretty hard on them. so far no problems, knock on wood. i hope you get satisfaction, man.

Nov 25, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
i keep mine in the leather pouch supplied, and frankly am pretty hard on them. so far no problems, knock on wood. i hope you get satisfaction, man.

I forgot all about that leather pouch lol,I'll use em from now on.

Also,it has been brought to my attention that all I need is a replacement cable,I will ask Cus. Support for this specifically next time and pay if I have too it shouldn't cost too much.

Nov 25, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 21
The metal case that UE provides is..er, um - not very practical. It is quite difficult to fit the IEMs into them. The good news is that the last time I spoke with Jerry he said they're revamping the case to make it more functional.

I wouldn't worry too much - UE is quite an upstanding company, and I'm sure a new cord will be on its way to your door quite soon. The couple of cord problems mentioned here were taken care of, and they've yet to let anyone down.

Nov 25, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
The metal case that UE provides is..er, um - not very practical. It is quite difficult to fit the IEMs into them. The good news is that the last time I spoke with Jerry he said they're revamping the case to make it more functional.

I wouldn't worry too much - UE is quite an upstanding company, and I'm sure a new cord will be on its way to your door quite soon. The couple of cord problems mentioned here were taken care of, and they've yet to let anyone down.

The leather case on the other hand is very nice and quite practical IMHO
smily_headphones1.gif
.I've found replacement cables on their website and would be 30$ shipped to me which is great since I was getting ready to buy em brand new for 200$+ lol I'm having a hard time waiting for the RMA process though but I'll give it one more try....its incredibly hard to go on the tran without em,I'm sure you all know what I mean....normal earphones are like a slap in the face now lol,these are my 1st pair of IEMs by the way.

Nov 26, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #11 of 21
I've tried contacting them several times,the 1st time I had to leave a message on a machine and no one got back to(5-6 days ago) and recently I called and got the machine agin so I will just go and buy the replacement cord this week....the RMA/tech process is taking longer then I'd like so I'm giving up.

Hopefully I can buy the replacement cord and then if I qualify for RMA they can reimburse me for the cord.

Thanks all for your help.
-Vlad

Nov 27, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 21
I just emailed them and asked for a new cable, I told them mine was broken. 3 days later I had new ones. Didn't need a reciept or anything they were very good about just getting me free replacements. Send an email to customer support and you should be able to get new ones. They may charge you since they weren't defective, I think it's ~$20.

Nov 28, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #14 of 21
this is why Westone > *

I had my nozzle broke on my UM2's a couple months ago, quite possibly from pocket use. I couldn't find my reciept or anything to verify it was within a year's warranty. Yet they accepted it, and repaired it, and even recabled it to the nice black cable all free of charge! I did find my invoice to prove my purchase from them just before they were sent back to me even though now it was of no use. But it just shows how great of a customer service they have.

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #15 of 21
Thanks guys,sending a mail as we speak.
I'm am feeling very lucky
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll update as it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back