R.I.P. Super.Fi
Oct 17, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #16 of 22
After I owned the Shure SE500's and Super.fi 5 pro's at the same time, I ended up keeping the Shure and selling the UE's - the UE were nice, but too big for my ears (rubbed me wrong) and didn't isolate well or stay in well.

If you get the UE's replaced, then you could sell them for more if they are still new from UE.

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #17 of 22
I liked both my super.fi 5's and super.fi 5eb's (although the latter I returned because I want full sound isolation from an IEM, and the eb's are ported [sound leaks in as the open design extends the bass]). But when I got my e530's, I had no IEM worries. The clarity of the s.f 5's with the bass extension of the eb's. (Granted, muffled in the treble end, but I can eq for that.)

If you can, get your s.f 5's replaced by UE, but don't cancel your e530 order. Give 'em a comparison. Which ever you choose, I'd bet you'll be happy in your selection of IEMs.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torula Yeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked both my super.fi 5's and super.fi 5eb's (although the latter I returned because I want full sound isolation from an IEM, and the eb's are ported [sound leaks in as the open design extends the bass]). But when I got my e530's, I had no IEM worries. The clarity of the s.f 5's with the bass extension of the eb's. (Granted, muffled in the treble end, but I can eq for that.)

If you can, get your s.f 5's replaced by UE, but don't cancel your e530 order. Give 'em a comparison. Which ever you choose, I'd bet you'll be happy in your selection of IEMs.

Great minds think alike, see my post above yours...
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same issue with Clear Super.Fi 5 pro. I sent them back, and I got two pairs in return.
smily_headphones1.gif
Of course I did the right thing and sent the extra pair back, and they replied by sending me free T-shirts and SF replacement cables. UE is great.

That's a very respectabel and nice thing to do, and you were rewarded in return, UE really does have awesome customer support. It makes me want to go back every time I buy a pair of IEM's.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #21 of 22
Just don't lose one of your UE buds, their answer to replacing it is to buy another brand new set (albeit at a somewhat reduced cost, though still not lower than what you can buy them for on your own)!

That alone is reason enough for me to look for another brand to replace my son's UE SuperFi.3 Studios, even though he likes their sound. Has anybody had to replace a lost bud on their Shure or Etymotic IEMs, and how did the company handle it?

Thx,
Frank

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 22
The be honest, I would check out another pair of the UE if they do not fix your pair, maybe I am the only one but I am not a fan of the SE530's...with all the hype everyone here makes them out to be, the cable is junk and the sound quality is good but for a $500 pair of IEM's I would want them to be perfect.

I understand that the universal UE headphone are a little odd in design but if you were fine with them, why not give the tiple.fi 10’s a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back