R.I.P. Shane, a 13 year old boy...
Jan 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
As of today, i was informed at 7:55am that a close friend of the family had shot himself in the head. His name was Shane and was a great 13 year old basketball player, who had sadly fell victim to bullying because of a way a girl treated him. Though many people in our community did not know him, and my family was very close to the family, the community has banded together greatly to try to fix the problem of bullying in our town. R.I.P. Shane

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm sorry to hear that and it is truly sad. I can relate in a way. When I was around that age, I used to be treated in a mean way by other girls and just because they were girls, it did not mean that I could just laugh it off like how an adult would.

At that age many kids are sensitive, and even if a girl were to bully a boy, it's still hurtful. I used to be insulted by adolescent and teenage girls and for a long time, I was scared of teenage girls. It's strange now because women are now polite to me and I kind of miss it when females would insult me. 

In a social environment, kids can be very sensitive and there are other kids out there that act like rude animals. Sometimes I can laugh at it now but back then, things like that were taken seriously.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 4
OP, I find it strange that you're now banned.  On a more serious note related to the thread topic, it is very sad indeed in various levels.  A 13 year old with a gun - I'm not trying to preach, but where is the parent(s) or guardian(s) for matters like these.  It should never end this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back