R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman
Feb 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 10

I just read this at NPR. He was one of my favorite actors as well. I can't think of a film that he was in that I didn't appreciate and admire his performance. I absolutely loved him in a film that usually doesn't make the usual "favorites list" called, "Before The Devil Knows Your're Dead." What a tragic loss...rest-in-peace Mr. Hoffman...

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Oh man, just saw this. Hard to believe. The Big Lewboski, Punch-Drunk Love, Magnolia, Synecdoche New York, The Master, Mary and Max--he's been a powerful presence in many of my favorite films, and he's long been one of my favorite actors. Absolutely wrenching news.

Thanks for everything, Philip. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 10

I just read this at NPR. He was one of my favorite actors as well. I can't think of a film that he was in that I didn't appreciate and admire his performance. I absolutely loved him in a film that usually doesn't make the usual "favorites list" called, "Before The Devil Knows Your're Dead." What a tragic loss...rest-in-peace Mr. Hoffman...

This was a wonderful film.  The acting all around was terrific with Marisa Tomei and Albert Finney too.  Another great Lumet film.  

You will be missed, Philip.

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 10
What When WHat?....
Oh man..
He was the reason I would watch a movie is in without knowing what it was about.
Tremendous actor, may be the best actor working in the business today

excellent film IMO 

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 10
A brilliant actor that was carrying some very, very bad demons.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOPB9c4t0Ok[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back