R.I.P. Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
Apr 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 22
I was just about to post about this. I was listening to Green Man from October Rust when I read about it, man am I shocked. Really one of my favourite bands and artists, damn this is a really sad day for me.

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 22
Seems like there have been a lot of deaths in the music world lately. Depressing news. I'll have to give Type O a listen at work tonight in memory.

RIP

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 22
Heard the news a few hours ago...hard to believe. He was considered such a juggernaut back in my metal-listening days, and had a great and unique voice.

RIP Pete.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 22
Sad news indeed.

I only own October Rust and have been listening to it since hearing/reading this news. Not sure if it was their best album but I enjoy it. I was introduced to TO- via a computer game, Descent 2, where they contributed to the soundtrack.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 22
I remember Descent 2. I personally love Peter Steele's work in Carnivore. Retaliation is one of my favorite albums.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sad news indeed.

I only own October Rust and have been listening to it since hearing/reading this news. Not sure if it was their best album but I enjoy it. I was introduced to TO- via a computer game, Descent 2, where they contributed to the soundtrack.

Same here. I first heard the song Haunted instrumental version in Descent 2, and immidietly fell in love with it. It was years later when I heard the real deal version on October Rust (imagine the surprise when I recognised the song. "Hey, this is from Descent 2!"), and to me Haunted is still one of the best songs ever.

RIP

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RIP? Rot In Hell is more apt for this misogynistic a**hole.

Whatever he may have been IRL, that doesnt count out the fact how influental his work was in the world of music. So yes, RIP as I am sad to see him, with his creepy sense of humor and all, and TO- die so suddenly.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 22
Yeah my friends told me about this yesterday. Really sucks. Whatever he was like in real life, i dont really care about. Their sound was so unique and it really bums me out that they wont be able to create any more music. At least I got to see them play live once.

For those who aren't that familiar with their music, check out:

Bloody Kisses
October Rust
Life is Killing Me

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Trent Reznor tweeted:
trent_reznor RIP Pete Steele - a nice (and very funny) man
trent_reznor I'm smiling recalling a funny story involving Pete, a microphone, an all-girl lipstick-lesbian band and a can of tuna.
trent_reznor Ahh, the good old days.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back