r.e. Arcam CD73t: what the heck does this mean?
May 7, 2004 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
A message to anyone out there with an Arcam (i'm assuming that this applies to all current-model Arcams, not just the 73). Every once in a while when I play a CD, there is a little message on the display that says "over". I can't find out what this means in the instruction manual, and it doesn't pop up on every cd I have. Frankly, I'm confused. Does anyone know what this means?

May 7, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, with my Rotel CDP, the "over" indicator means that the number of tracks on the CD exceed the number of tracks in the calendar. So, if I play a CD with, let's say, 18 tracks, all 16 tracks in the calendar will light up as well as the "over" indicator.

Jeffery

May 8, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 4
No idea. I have the Arcam FMJ CD33t and just read through the manual and nowhere did it mention the "over" display. Mind you the manual is what, 4 pages of A4
rolleyes.gif

May 8, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by JefferyK
Well, with my Rotel CDP, the "over" indicator means that the number of tracks on the CD exceed the number of tracks in the calendar. So, if I play a CD with, let's say, 18 tracks, all 16 tracks in the calendar will light up as well as the "over" indicator.

Jeffery

JefferyK got the right idea. On my Arcam CD92, the message "over" means that the CD has more than 16 tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back