R-10 replace cups
Oct 21, 2002 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
R-10 replace cups

Someone R-10 owners knows something about possibility to replace the ear pad on the R-10s?

confused.gif

Oct 22, 2002 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you worn them out already, Nik?
eek.gif
It's OK to love your R10s, but not to love them.
wink.gif

I would contact audio advancements to see what they say. Since it's been discontinued, You may be hard-pressed to get new pads.

Mark

Oct 22, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 7
Nik,

Try Sony, they've got to have a few pairs hidden away somewhere. Possibly Sony Japan or one of their dealers. Might cost you a few bucks, but I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find a substitute. Good Luck !

Oct 22, 2002 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 7
I just know there are several Japanese websites that are still selling the Sony R10 for about $3000 USD. But I don't know if Sony has some extra ear pat or not.

Good luck.

Oct 22, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Have you worn them out already, Nik?
eek.gif
It's OK to love your R10s, but not to love them.
wink.gif

I would contact audio advancements to see what they say. Since it's been discontinued, You may be hard-pressed to get new pads.

Mark

No, Mark, the pads are in perfect conditions, but may be in the future… if is so hard to find a replace now, it will be impossible after a few years… I wrote to Hart (audio advancement) but he need another R-10 order to have any replacement… (this Sony cans is a mysterious object!!!!). Paul of “tagal communications” told me that there are still only 2 pair of R-10 in the warehouse (Japan) for 3000$. About the pads I think that the quality is so hi that will be very difficult to worn, but I’m interested to know if anyone replaced them and how do it.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back