Quick take: HD-600 vs. K501 vs. V-6
Apr 19, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #47 of 54
ai0tron: my advice to you:
insert personal attacks and unsubstantiated "truths" into mouth, chew, digest, and get out of your system forever. And, accept this one truth: everyone has the right to their own opinion, no matter how wrong you think it is. So when a personal attack comes to mind, just shove it.

Apr 22, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #48 of 54
I found it interesting reading aiOtron's rants. It was like a schoolyard squabble, with the teacher going "OK Head-Fi-ers, stop teasing aiOtron or you will all be sent to sit in the corner!!"

Now, about the K501 lacking bass, one could say it lacks bass in comparison to other phones, in theory. I could agree it lacks the bass punch and fullness of other phones, in the same manner that a back row seat in a concert hall lacks the bass punch and fullness of a front row seat. But to me, lacking bass means that the instruments that have bass are not properly portrayed. And to say the AKG K501 does not properly portray instruments would be wrong IMO. And this is where measurements don't tell you what you are hearing. I have been to concerts where I thought the bass was somewhat lacking, but when I moved to a different seat, I heard a bit more bass but the "mids" and "highs" changed too.

Again, complaining that the K501 does not have enough bass is like complaining that Charlize Theron does not have big enough uh, umm....
redface.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the AKG does so many things well and I would gladly trade a bit of bass oomph in order to keep it's redeeming qualities. If the HD600 is your Winona Ryder, fine...

Apr 22, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by nifu
Hi, I am new to this forum and when I read ai0tron's posts, I started to cry
frown.gif

LOL.
tongue.gif
Yes, many of us did as well . . . while others found it quite laughable and uproariously funny (me, for example), while at the same time his statements were not politically correct and were very closed-minded. But, pick your battles. Or was it a battle, or more like a gang beatdown?
wink.gif

May 15, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #52 of 54
I just want to say that an attack to any headphone brand should not be considered as a personal attack. I mean cmon guys...your pride and worth is not in your headphone...you all are human being...not human having. As a human being you're worth more than you might think you are.

May 16, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Now, about the K501 lacking bass, one could say it lacks bass in comparison to other phones, in theory. I could agree it lacks the bass punch and fullness of other phones, in the same manner that a back row seat in a concert hall lacks the bass punch and fullness of a front row seat. But to me, lacking bass means that the instruments that have bass are not properly portrayed. And to say the AKG K501 does not properly portray instruments would be wrong IMO. And this is where measurements don't tell you what you are hearing. I have been to concerts where I thought the bass was somewhat lacking, but when I moved to a different seat, I heard a bit more bass but the "mids" and "highs" changed too.

Well, I don't think the word 'lack' always implies faults.
K501 does properly portray instruments but it's bass doesn't have enough quantity. Not only comparing to dull distant sound HD600 but also comparing to live concerts at the VIP or Royal seat.
wink.gif

I listen to classical music only, so it can be different at Jazz, rock or any other kind of concerts.

Quote:

If the HD600 is your Winona Ryder, fine...

Well, well... If the K501 is your Winona Ryder, fine....
According to your logic, you don't have to say Hd600 have dull distant sound, either.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back