Quick Sony Nw-HD5 question
Jun 27, 2005 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sno1man

1000+ Head-Fier
No questions about sound quality, broken buttons or anything like that.

We have one here and after transferring about 12GB music, the little sucker is REALLY HOT. As in uncomfortable to touch hot.

Anybody else experienced that?

Is it because it's the black one
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
No questions about sound quality, broken buttons or anything like that.

We have one here and after transferring about 12GB music, the little sucker is REALLY HOT. As in uncomfortable to touch hot.

Anybody else experienced that?

Is it because it's the black one
biggrin.gif

I have the red one, and it's quite hot after transferring a huge amount of data at once, I remember transferring about 15GB of music over on the first night, and after plugging out the USB cable, I touch the player and it was indeed quite hot. I read the manual and it says it's normal to be hot during transferring of data, so I guess it's normal. It also make sense that since ya charging the HD5 as well while it's plugged into the USB port, so I guess it's logical.

I usually leave it to cool off for awhile before using the player again after transferring of songs, to prevent the micro-HDD inside from overheating. I know this is been paranoid but I'm just pretty careful with my gadgets. But don't worry too much abt the heat issue, I guess it shd be alright.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 8
I make waffles on top of my Rio Chiba.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Mine keeps my coffee warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back