quick shure E500 question
Feb 3, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tube amps do not play nicely with Iems in general!

The E500 fit and finish is a 10! Detached highs is the real issue. But I dont think you will miss that much because the super.fi's highs were rolled off a bit.

If you have a good amp it will help with the E500's high End.

Might wanna try triple.fi's or wait for the new Westone 3 before pulling the trigger.

The going rate for the E500's make them a good choice though. The fit is as close to customs I have seen yet!

Whoops, I just read a bunch of threads on the triple. fi's and now I am confused as ever. I love great smooth treble and tight not boomy bass.- But there is the UE sore ear issue (for me at least) that I never had with my shures, unless the triple fi's are more comfy.

I guess whatever I buy I'll make sure I have a good return policy!

Right now I use my "SEMI-iem" senn.
300cx's because the shure e3's don't deliver enough highs for me.

Damn, sometimes I feel funny talking about 400.00 ear-phones when there are people who are starving and homeless- I am a lucky basdard! I can't ever forget that.

Sorry, didn't mean to get all political, it's just the amount of money thats spent on this stuff is crazy sometimes.

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e500 with yellows foamies is much better than super.fi 5 pro....cant wait till i hear e500 with black foamies.

The black foamies are more comfortable (the yellow foamies tend to make my ears itch after awhile). I noticed more pronounced bass with them, but I did lose a touch of isolation. They're great because they are washable, so no need to buy a ton of yellow foamies anymore.

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
take a pict and send it over to support at Shure. Mine dont have anything like what your describing, their fit and finish is excellent. Im sure support would replace them if they thought it was an issue in build quality.

I see, is there an address on the site? I wonder if I should just phone them first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back