PICTURED BELOW:
* Front of box
* Hard-shell, fabric covered case

* Line with microphone / music controls & ear-buds
* 2 Foam-Comply tips
* 6 sets extra (8 total) poly-rubber tips
* 1 extra non-mic/control cable

==========================================================

OK... review time... I initially played with them for about an hour, because... well... NEW TOY! ;-P
-- so i hooked them to my stereo and let it run for 12 hours straight, so they could break in & really start pumping some decent sound!

INITIALLY:
# first and foremost, these are STUDIO / STAGE headphones, so they are VERY sensitive to equalizers and conolovers, etc...  So there was MUCH tuning to be done before i was finally happy.... once i finally got there, these things blew me AWAY!
I could not possibly be happier with them.

AFTER SOME USE:
# I will definitely say these are NOT plug and play headphones... they VERY much require some tuning and a good EQ set. But they can deliver ANYTHING you could possibly want... all walks of music, movies, etc...
I've run every sound test against them i possibly can, and i have yet to find something i can complain about...
I've ran music all the way from Blue Oyster Cult, to older Green Day, to Low-N-SLow bass-jams... everything preformed PHENOMINALLY!

ALTERTERNATIVE:
-- very pronounced vocals & drums, not too heavy on bass, can hear EVERYTHING!
RAP:
-- VERY hard hitting bass, all the way down to 30hz was clear as a whistle. i <3 it!
ROCK/METAL
-- a bit too splashy for me... after some tuning im sure it would be fine, but i don’t really listen to much metal.
EDM / TRANCE
-- delivers all the heavy, crunchy, booming bass you could ever want... ALL of it is crystal clear and heart warming.

I HIGHLY suggest these headphones to ANYONE who is a audiophile, or just a sound-junkie who wants some good boom for the buck.

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 13
i have a pair of the M6 PROs and the 2nd generation 151Ps on order , they should be here saturday . the only other buds/IEMs i've heard are the gummy plus and they were terrible IMO :frowning2: . i ordered the 151Ps first , then got swayed by the accessories and build quality comments about the M6 PROs along with it's also great detail , quality and soundstage comments ... and it's warranty ! i'm expecting a lot from the 151Ps and hope the M6 PROs are close in sound quality with the little extra zip on the high end and a little phatness (but nothing crazy) on the bottom end . but the BA driver is supposed to be very accurate .......

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 13
thankyou :)
what are your thoughts and impressions listening to balanced armature headphones compared to dynamic cone types ?

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 13
the A151Ps came early today , but they are not the 2nd generation , they are the first generation in the black box . they sound OK and the mic works perfect with my smart phone . the low organ in styx the message is barely noticeable and bass guitars just don't have that low meaty bite . they are going back . clarity sounds pretty good and a little more zing on the upper end would be nice , but these are not the latest and greatest version ..... which according to folks that have heard both old and new versions the new one have more prominent bass and highs ..... so the new ones may be more to my liking . the M6PRO is supposed to have the highs and lows that i feel these 1st generation 151Ps lack so hopefully they make me happier .  

keep in mind i'm no audiophile and i have very little headphone experience (loved my sennheiser 555s) and have only tried the gummy plus as far as earbuds/IEMs go 

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 13
Just ran mine through numerous Sine waves/tests... Was a bit Buzzy from 2000hz to 1700, was VERY clean & clear from 1600 to 180... Then thunderous all through 180 to 20hz. Almost turned the volume down around 60-40hz. They definitely beat HARD.

For 50 dollar IEM's, these easily beat the pants off anything you'll spend up to 300 dollars on... Even good over-ears won't hang with these.

Plus, these are sweat proof. :-D

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 13
did you run the 151 or m6pros through those test ? the 151p didn't sound bad , just didn't have the low end or sparkle/sheen at the top that i like . the build quality was better than the gimmies , but nothing that really impressed me . i hope the Pros make me happy :)

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 13
how do these compare; or have you tried the 7s?

Honestly, I have not tried them.
Not quite a year after this post, I had a kid, so buying new toys (headphones / racecar parts / etc) kind of came to an end.

Though I will say those very same buds I reviewed in this thread, are still kicking just as hard today as day 1.

Years of grease, transmission fluid, oil, sweat, etc...
Still kicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back