Quick Reccomendation for IEM; B & W C5 vs..??
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NippleParty

New Head-Fier
Hey gang, what's goin on?
Alrighty so here's the deal. I'm new to this hobby, but i've always had a minor "thing" for music quality. I unfortunatley work at best buy, however I get a solid discount on the headphones and car speakers there. I've recently purchased the Bowers and Wilkins C5 and they are a huge step up from the klipsch s4i that I had previously owned. My only beef with the C5's is the bass could use a +1... 90% of my music is at high bitrate(192+). Other than that everything sounds great and they stay in my ear when at the gym. SO, basically, I was wondering if anyone knew of a better pair from best buy for around that price. Or any app advice. Thanks

Here's some info about my music listening:
- Device: iphone/ipod
- Gym+normal use (everyday)
- music: electronic, classic+alternative rock, old school rap/hiphop, and classical.

I've done a decent ammount of research on the bestbuy website and i've come up with these(my only other options)

Monster - Turbine Pearl Audiophile Earbud Headphones

Monster Gratitude

Sennheiser IE 60

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 7
O_o you seriously think that the C5 lack bass??  The only ones that I can see from BestBuy that maybe worth getting are either the new Klipsch X7i or the Sony XBA-3 for around $200, but even that is a stretch.

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
O_o you seriously think that the C5 lack bass??  The only ones that I can see from BestBuy that maybe worth getting are either the new Klipsch X7i or the Sony XBA-3 for around $200, but even that is a stretch.

No not an incease just a fine tuning?, or maybe it's all just too powerful at once and nothing is sticking out? but thanks for your suggestion man, i'm gonna look into them today.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
No not an incease just a fine tuning?, or maybe it's all just too powerful at once and nothing is sticking out? but thanks for your suggestion man, i'm gonna look into them today.

The problem is that I could only go by the online listing and not the inventory that you can see.  So if you see anything that might be interesting, then please let us know.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Just another brand of IEM I have never heard of here... it could be good but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back