Quick questions about Wireless Headphones
Feb 14, 2005 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Decel

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings, I am about to take the plunge into shelling out my wallet into anything audio (eyeing that MDR-SA5000) but first I plan on getting some Pioneer SE-DIR800C.

Now I found an american retailer that carries them and ships up north. Before I commit I have a few questions:
1- They don't sell extra headsets, so can I buy the jap DIR800 (audiocubes for example) and have them work with this receiver?
2- Some have talked about getting the ATH-DCL3000R with their 800C for better sound, since I was told that the quality will mostly reflect on the phones than the receiver.

Question is, do all digital IR headphones work with any digital IR receiver? Or is there a question of IR format and voodoo magic involved that decides what works with what?

Oh, and are amps required for good audio results? For now I'm going to run them on RCA audio (no source of optics yet, but that won't take long).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dang I'm a lost soul already, haven't ordered my first set that I'm already thinking about the Qualia 010
eek.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 2
Doh, no one can provide the answers? Not too sure where I can get the info. Posted on the AC boards, hope I can get my answer somehow...

First, last and only bump, sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW, is there a limit as to how many headsets the receiver can drive? I assume there shouldn't be any, but just in case...

confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back