Quick question :)
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AyeCee

100+ Head-Fier
I am planning on getting a cMoyBB v2.03. it is great for me and fits well within my price range. I have never owned an amp ever.

my question is will it be worth forking out an extra $100 for an iBasso D2+ BOA (170), or a lil extra for a headstage arrow 12HE 3g (230)(I know there is a 4g, but I wouldn't use treble boost anyway).

As an amateur, do you recommend I go straight for the expensive stuff or start out with the cMoy? the headstage is a little out of my price range, but if it will make a large improvement and you highly recommend it, I might go for it, It also means I wont have to upgrade for a while. 

For reference, I listen to more 'bassy' music like house, techno and electronic.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Adrian

edit: OH and ill be using them to drive Sennheiser HD25-1 ii and Sennheiser Cx300 ii, thats whi i think an amp with a 'gain' option would also come in handy :)

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 3
first, used is always cheaper than new. lots of people around here start small and upgrade and upgrade - so there's a lot of the lower end stuff around.  Post a wanted add for max $100 and see what you get.

second, check out the new fiio e11 amp in that price range if you want new.

The Sennheiser HD25-1 ii are pretty efficient headphones, so I think you want to make sure not to waste your money on an amp that's not that great. You don't really need a huge amount of extra power as much as you need a clean signal.  Bass is not about just or even primarily about power, it's about the clarity of the signal.  

also, are you using them portable or desktop?  If desktop, you may want a used small desktop amp from audio-gd or someone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back