quick question on length of wire vary the volume sent to headphones..
Apr 25, 2004 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xlifez

500+ Head-Fier
i got a pair of V150.. *yes i know they suck, but they look prettie...* the wire is quite long, and i'm using a ifp-395t, but the power being sent is kinda weak.. so i was thinking..does the length of cable will vary the volume being recieved to the headphones?

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi XlifeZ,

How long do you call long? I would think that upper frequency loss would be experienced with a poor quality "long" say 10 ft or more, cable and that this would be noticable before a drop in volume. Poor cables (or even just good unshielded cables) have the potential to suffer if they are wound around itself or coiled. It then acts like a big inductor.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 6
Uh, no. The length of wire will have absolutely no effect on the volume. The resistance of wire is so low it ins't funny. If the wire were using power they would get warm or hot and that would be easy to detect.

The main resistance comes from the headphone voice coil, so the wire is only the smallest fraction of total resistance, like under .01% or something insane like that.

Apr 25, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 6
dont have to argue about that, its your mp3 player. the ifp noly use 1xAA battery which provide only 1.5voltage. if you have a cmoy than you can drive it to a pretty loud volume.

Apr 25, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 6
or its just a poor set of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back