Quick Question: Keces 151 + LD I+, will I be impress?
Dec 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

neil1138

New Head-Fier
I'm going to send my D2000 off to be recabled in the next few weeks, in the mean time I'm trying to completely upgrade my audio setup. This is for a desktop setup, the source is my 2009 Unibody MBP. Pretty much, is this a good starting point equipment wise?

MBP > Keces 151 > LD I+ > Denon D2000 w/ APS V3 recabling

I really want to stick with a USB DAC, it's just more convenient. I know the D2000 shines with an amp that's good with low impedance headphones. I've heard great things about the LD I+ and the D2000 so I'm set on getting that amp. Just want to make sure that's the right amp/DAC combo to get that synergy with the D2000. 

I was also looking at the Audio-gd Compass or the new FUN but I've swayed away from that option. I'm trying to keep the components separate so I can upgrade in the future. At least that's my noob thinking. 

Best,

Neil

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 5
After hours of searching, where can I even get the keces da-151? I can't find a seller anywhere but ebay... is ebay the only place? Gah

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 5
I really like my LD1+/Keces DA-151 combo with my Grados. I have had mine a couple years...can't remember where I bought it from. I know it was direct from Hong Kong.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I really like my LD1+/Keces DA-151 combo with my Grados. I have had mine a couple years...can't remember where I bought it from. I know it was direct from Hong Kong.

Your posts were very helpful in my researching (I remember the avatar), thank you for taking the time to post your impressions. I did find the keces seller on ebay so I'll be purchasing it from him in the coming days. As far as DACs go, I don't think I can go wrong with this choice. At least I hope so!

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #5 of 5
I don't think you can...it sounds good to me and is a quality built unit. It made a huge difference in my system when I added it and I am really happy with the Keces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back