Quick Question for ZVM Owners
May 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rockbottom

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using my ZVM with my ASL, however, one of the things that frustrate me was that, when I use the line-out from the stock adaptor, it always switches to A/V output mode, meaning the LCD screen gets switched off. Any way I can work around this problem?

May 30, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 5
Yes, go to photo options and select NONE where it says PAL or NTSC. This will allow your screen to stay on while playing through the line-out.

May 30, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 5
i believe there is an option to keep the screen on somewhere in the settings. check under Video mode. and if not, just look through all the settings. i know it's in there, i'm just not sure where.

May 30, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 5
System->Photo/Video Settings->Set it to OFF. Then if you want to use the line out on your TV (assuming you bought the horrid cable) just set it to NTSC or PAL.

Kind of annoying that you have to keep switching it back and forth, I'm sure theres a way to integrate a switch into the dongle, but I cant see much from the pinout diagram I have. Then again, I made my own LOD, so i'm dongle-free. (That don't sound right.)

May 30, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 5
What I did, since I used to use the A/V out so often, was I set my shortcut button (top left one) to the Video Settings menu. If I needed to change it, I could just pull out the dongle, switch it off, put the dongle back in, and rest in peace. Of course, that does mean you're going to have to change your shortcut button. You click and hold it to set the action that occurs when you click.

I holler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back