Quick Question about the D2 Viper
Sep 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

robenco18

Head-Fier
Hey,

I just got my D2 Viper today and it is awesome. I've only been fooling around with it for like 20 minutes but I already have a quick question.

When I have it plugged in via USB and I'm playing music through the USB, through the amp, through my desktop speakers, it's great. But when I unplug the usb to play my iPod through these speakers my I can't reconnect the usb port to switch back to the music on my computer. In fact, I can't play any music on my computer whether it is connected or not. iTunes just freezes the time bar at zero. I fast forward to 40, press play, and it stays at 40 seconds.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm sure I have to go to control panel or something but I can't figure it out. Thanks a lot!!

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 11
I have to restart iTunes after attaching an audio usb device, else iTunes doesn´t recognize the usb dac.
It is my workaround for the Shek or iBasso.
Is this your problem?

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to restart iTunes after attaching an audio usb device, else iTunes doesn´t recognize the usb dac.
It is my workaround for the Shek or iBasso.
Is this your problem?

Yeah seems to be. I'll try that

Sep 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 11
Another Question -

Is there a recommended volume that I should set my desktop speakers too? Or can I pump them up as much as I want. I am able to do the amp all the way up, on high gain, and have my speakers all the way up, as long as my iTunes library volume is half way up.

Also, I'm awaiting a LOD for my iPod. That disables my ipod's volume control. Where does it put the volume when I use the LOD? Halfway up all the time or what?

.....I also tend to have the amp volume turned all the way up all of the time. and then work the volume either from my speakers or my iPod. Is this ok to do? Or is the amp supposed to be ridiculously louder and for whatever reason it's not.

btw. I'm using the stock opamps for now. Gonna put in the better ones later tonight. Thanks!!

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 11
"Also, I'm awaiting a LOD for my iPod. That disables my ipod's volume control. Where does it put the volume when I use the LOD? Halfway up all the time or what?"

It is up to full volume, so adjusting the volume control on your ipod would not work and you have to do it via the amp volume pot.

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmerlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before unplugging it, did you "safely remove" it or just simply pulled the cable? Tried reinstalling iTunes? When you plug in the Viper again, does your system detect it?

I fixed this problem. I just have to restart iTunes and it's all good.

I have a few others things I mention above I need answered though. Also, when I turn the volume knob on my amp I sometimes get a wispy/staticy sound. Is this normal? I don't think this happens all the time. Just once in awhile I notice it happening all of a sudden. This happens when I have it plugged into my computer. I can't remember if it happens with my ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back